Ojiro Mashirao x Blind!Reader

I click my tongue against my teeth, the outlines of shapes appearing in my head. I avoid the desks in front of me, steering myself to my own desk.

This high-tech equipment was useful. Before, I could only see the dark outlines and blurry shapes. Now, by clicking my tongue or tapping my glasses, the images of what the objects look like go directly into my brain.

I click my tongue as I hear footsteps near me, spotting the familiar outline of Ojiro Mashirao, one of my favorite classmates. I pull my lips up in a smile. "Hello Ojiro!"

He greets me back, taking his seat behind me.

"I noticed you were gone yesterday. Have you gotten yesterday's notes yet?" Ojiro asks politely.

"Oh, no I haven't." I turn to hear him better. "Can I take a look at yours?" I point to my glasses.

"Sure, here." He holds them out. I smile, a bit dumbly. He already had them out for me.

"It may take a while, the glasses don't help with memory," I apologise in advance with a laugh. The glasses only send images to my head, which is difficult when it comes to memorizing pictures.

"It's alright. Actually, if you want, we can meet during our study period and I can read them to you. I know you can do it fine on your own, but maybe it would be more efficient?" Ojiro sounds like he became a bit flustered, worried he may offend me.

If I didn't know him, I may have taken a small bit of offense. But, since I know what he meant, I gladly accept. He only wants to help, and it's better than going back and forth with my glasses.

The rest of the day drags on, as I take notes in my special notebooks. They were made specifically for Braille.

The teacher asks a question about what he wrote on the board, and I tap my glasses. I raise my hand, and get the correct answer.

A smile won't leave my face as I enter the library. This equipment makes me feel more normal. I shouldn't feel this way, feeling like I need to be more normal, but it feels nice.

I click my tongue, finding a table. Footsteps I recognize as Ojiro's approach me, and I smile at him. "Hey, Ojiro."

"How was your day?" He asks politely as he sits next to me.

I feel my face get warm as I determine just how close he is. I could almost touch him. "It was good. How was yours?"

"It was alright," he pulls something out of his bag. "Are you ready for the notes?"

I nod, opening my notebook for the subject.

"Alright, so when you're graphing inequalities..."

Ojiro goes through the lesson at a pleasant pace, making sure I'm getting it down but trying not to go too slow.

Once we're done, there's still plenty of time left in the study period. I offer to help him in another class, Quirk Theory, and he quickly agrees.

As I pull out my next notebook, he asks, "So where were you yesterday? If it's alright to ask."

"It's fine," I smile. "I was getting my aid equipment checked out, to make sure it's working properly, and it's working perfectly."

"That's nice. How exactly does it work? I'm not really familiar with the equipment."

"Basically, it sends images to my brain," I point to the several small sensors on my head, "from either my ears or these glasses. I click my tongue to make out basic shapes and outlines, mostly for navigating an area. Then, tapping the glasses sends entire images to my head. I was so amazed the first time I saw real colours."

"It's amazing what technology can do. So can you see me, if you tap your glasses?"

I tap them with a smile, trying not to blush as I see him and how absolutely cute he is. Even before I could see him, I really admired how kind and polite he is. The image fades quickly.

"Yes. And your tail is wagging," I tease happily.

"Ah, sorry." He sounds embarrassed.

"Don't be sorry. It's cute."

He coughs. "So, um, Quirk Theory."

I smile as we study for the upcoming test.

He sure is adorable.