Shinsō Hitoshi x Reader

"... What do you have there, 'Toshi?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Your favourite snack," he smiles sheepishly, holding out a bag with one hand, the other cradling his precious new acquirement.

"Hitoshi," I chide, crossing my arms.

"Please can we keep him? Please! He was just so small and all alone and what if he got hurt? He was shivering so bad and he looks so hungry. I couldn't leave him there when it's starting to get cold out," Hitoshi gushes, eyes watering slightly. His bottom lip trembles as he holds the kitten close. "Please."

I roll my eyes, a grin perching on my face. "Of course you can keep him. I'm actually surprised you haven't brought home a cat sooner."

"You mean it? We can keep him?" He pleads quietly.

"Yes, 'Toshi. We can keep him." I step closer, looking at the kitten's little face. He was a yellow tabby with black markings on his face. "Awe, he really is small. And cute."

Hitoshi smiles broadly, kissing my cheek, then the top of the kitten's head. "Thank you! I think we should feed him soon, he's been meowing at me since before we got home."

I laugh a little at his cute, happy expression. "Alright. We have some leftover chicken in the fridge that he'll like."

Hitoshi sets the kitten and the bag on the counter, patting it's little head before getting him some chicken.

"It needs cut and warmed up a little," I advise him, playing with the kitten. It follows my hand, attacking it with tiny paws.

"So what's the little guy's name?"

"Cat Might."

I snort. "Cat Might?"

"Yep. Cat Might." Hitoshi brings over the chicken, making sure it's not too warm.

I cuddle close to Hitoshi as we watch Cat Might eat. "It's a cute name. I think it suits him."

"I thought it would fit such a cute kitten," he rumbles, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing my temple gently.

"You were right," I hum in agreement, feeling complete. Family isn't always what you think. Sometimes it's just Hitoshi, me, and Cat Might.