🎃 Vampire! Todoroki x Reader

(I know this one is a little weird in some ideas, but just... Don't comment about it tbh. You don't have to. It's just rude.)

"Todoroki..?" I step backwards, backing into the wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he puts his hands up, taking his own step back.

His fangs glisten in the dim light as he grimaces.

"Why... What did you want to talk to me about?" It was a well-known fact that Todoroki came from a family of vampires; fantasy-esque creatures were another mutation that developed alongside quirks. The hero agency we've worked at doesn't look much into monstrous development as long as it doesn't cause problems.

Despite all of this, he's been a close friend of mine for years.

But this is a bit suspicious.

"Well..." He averts his eyes.

He'd asked me to talk to him in the hallway. Alone. I can barely hear the bustle of our co-workers.

"Shotō..?"

"I feel like I should tell you this--" He shakes his head. "I mean, someone told me that I-- no--"

What is it? I wonder. He's usually so straightforward. Does he want my blood? A nervous churning in my gut attests to the question on my conscience. Would I even mind?

His blue and gray eyes finally meet mine, sparkling as he takes a deep breath. His hair falls against his face as he's suddenly far more attractive than I recognized before. Is it because we've been such good friends? Because he's so rarely vulnerable that this is a sweet thing? His fangs softly biting his lip-- is he really that nervous? Is it because even his eyelashes are different colours?

I can feel his hair brush against my own face now, along with a raging burn of a blush. When did he get so close?

His eyes are so beautiful, I note mentally.

"I like you. A lot. Romantically," his voice chops out, like he's attempting to squeeze concrete blocks through a cheesecloth. "I want to know if you like me. In a romantic way."

The blush on my face gets warmer, and I can feel the subtle warmth and cool from him. His quirk always is a tell of when he's nervous.

"Shotō," I can barely hear my own voice in the silence. He moves his face away from mine, pink dusting his face.

"Sorry, I got a little close," he mumbles.

"It's okay," I feel a laugh in my voice. "I like you, too. Romantically."

His beautiful eyes light up, and his smile is the most precious thing I've seen in this world.

"Then-- could we get coffee together later?"

"Of course, Shotō," he beams, and we head back to the office.

I twine my hand in his, and I watch him smile all afternoon, until he drops me off at my door later that evening. Fangs and all, this man makes my heart flutter.