🎃 Asui Tsuyu x Reader

I pull her hair back, twisting it into a bun before adding a hairnet. "There you go, Tsu," I grin and sit down next to my froggy fiancée.

"Thanks, ribbit." She gives me a smile before picking up the pumpkin knife.

"Alright, what is this baby gonna be?" I muse, tapping my pumpkin.

"Mine's going to be a cute pumpkin frog."

I nod, "Maybe mine should be something cute too."

"A cat?" She begins carving her pumpkin.

"Hmmm."

"How about a tadpole?"

"Cute," I watch her start scooping out the pumpkin guts. "I think I have an idea now," I take my pumpkin knife, carving open the top.

The two of us carve our pumpkins quietly, Halloween music playing in the background. I reach my arms in, pulling out the pumpkin guts and separating the seeds onto a pan to roast later.

Soon I move, citing a surprise for Tsu, in order to hide my design. Using a sharpie, I sketch out the idea and start carving the face.

I hear her hum to the music, and I can't help the way my heart swoons. She's so adorable. Her tongue sticks out as she concentrates, and I turn back to my work.

She gets done far before I do, prepping the pumpkin seeds to dry.

I throw down the carving knife in victory. "Done!"

She croaks in amusement. "Can I see now?"

I nod, my heart thumping as I turn it to her.

Her face morphs into the cutest smile I've ever seen. "Is that me? That's adorable!" Her hands clap together. "Thank you, ribbit!" Tsu jumps over, giving me a big hug.

I laugh a little. "I'm glad you like it."

"I love it," she squeezes. I hug back, and she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

We put candles in the pumpkins, the light shining from the pumpkin goggles of her hero costume, and set them out. She takes me by the hand, sitting down on the couch and laying her head on my shoulder. I remove her hairnet, mine already discarded, and she pulls down her hair. I run my fingers through it as she watches the movie she chose.

"I love you," she ribbits.

"I love you too," I kiss her forehead.