💝 Shinsō Hitoshi x Reader

"I write you letters in my head... like every day," I hear a mumble.

God? Is that you?

I try to get back to my dream of becoming the No. 1 Hero, preparing for my acceptance speech.

"I just don't really know how to say it aloud, you know?" The voice mumbles again.

God? Please shush I'm trying to prepare.

"And it wouldn't be so bad, but you're like... Perfect at all this love stuff. I want to make you happy. I want you to be as happy as you make me."

I finally give up on the dream, listening to the familiar voice. That of my boyfriend, Shinsō Hitoshi. I remember falling asleep with my head in his lap as we watched his favourite show.

"And Valentine's is coming up. I want to do something special. Not like go out anywhere. And I'm too broke to get you something nice," the fingers of one of his hands rake gently through my hair, the other hand letting circles trace over the skin of my stomach. Once in a while, the pattern is broke up by tiny, hesitant heart shapes.

"I... I really like you. You're one of the only people in this world who cares about me. I don't want to mess this up. God, what are you even supposed to do with Valentines? Maybe I should ask Denki."

This makes me stifle a laugh. "Please don't ask Denki for relationship advice." I rub my eyes, rising up from my comfortable pillow.

"How long have you been awake," he groans.

"'Toshi," I lean my head against his.

"Yeah?"

"You don't need to do anything special for Valentine's day. All I want is something like this. You, me, and some cuddles. Oh, and definitely some snacks."

Hitoshi laughs. "Definitely some snacks."

I hum, kissing his nose. He kisses the edge of my lips, our arms wrapped around each other as we relax.

"Hey 'Toshi?"

"Yeah?"

"I really like you, too."

"You shouldn't eavesdrop on people's private conversations."

"I thought you were talking to me, 'Toshi."

He hums, as if thinking. "Guess I was. I like you, a lot. Sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"The other times, I love you," his hands meet my sides, tickling me.

I laugh, avoiding his tickles. "I love you, too Hitoshi!"