💝 Uraraka Ochaco x Reader

(A bit late in the day, but an update all the same! I've enjoyed this little thing, hope you all did too. I have some low-key angsty stuff planned out next week but we'll see 🙂)

I pout in frustration, my face erupting in pink. Confessing to your crush is horrifying. The flushed feeling burns, but it isn't nearly as bad as the rate my heart is beating. It pounds in my chest and I feel my breaths becoming short and quick.

Taking deep breaths to get my anxiety under control, I walk away from her desk. No one else was in the classroom to watch me fumble and blubber on.

I clear my mind, only thinking of her. This doesn't help the blush.

Once again, I rehearse what I want to tell her after school today. I should have done it yesterday, during Valentine's, but I chickened out.

"Uraraka Ochaco," I mumble. "You and I have been friends for two years now, and I really- I really admire you as a person and as someone I care about- um, yeah- and... I hope you accept this gift as a token of how I feel for you." My voice is strained at the end. "I love... I can't do this!" I wail quietly. How is it so easy for people in the movies?

I hear a small footstep behind me. "Y/n... You really mean that?"

I stop breathing, turning to meet her lovely, enticing eyes. Her hair is like it is every day, framing her face softly. I gulp.

"Ur... Uraraka... I can... Explain," my tongue feels like rubber as I try to find some reason to explain why I was talking about her to myself. In a classroom. All alone.

"I didn't know you liked me like that," her face is a bright pink. "I like you, too!"

A moment passes. Her words sink into me slowly, like thawing ice.

"You like me?"

She nods, looking away as she twiddles her hands. "Is that for me?"

My eyes dart down to the gift in my hands, a small plushy of Gunhead. I hold it out to her, bowing my head. "Yes it is!"

She awes, wrapping her arms around me. "Thank you! We should go eat our lunch now," she beams, grabbing her forgotten notebook. I trail after her, grinning dumbly when her fingers thread into mine.