Chapter 24! Page 69!

The leader of the gang looks at Jack Napier and says what?!!... What did you say?!!! Jack Napier looks at the homeless guy and yells run man run out of fear. Jack Napier quickly runs to his car while pulling his car keys out of his pants pocket. The gang tackles Jack Napier. The gang starts kicking and punching Jack Napier several times. Jack Napier yells okay okay... I'm sorry I was just kidding?!! A member of the gang grabs a knife out of his pants pocket and uses it to key the car door on the drivers side of of Jack Napier's car. The gang walks away. Jack Napier says that's what I get?!!... That's what I get for trying to help someone?!! Jack Napier looks up and notices that a member of the gang used a knife to write the word hero on the car door that is on the drivers side of his car and yells oh no?!!!! Jack Napier gets back up. It's 12:00 in the afternoon. Jack Napier is at a bar/restaurant with 2 men who work for a criminal called the red hood. Jack Napier says y'see... Y'see, I have to prove myself, as a husband and as a father!... I mean, I, well, I wouldn't be doing this sort of thing if, if it wasn't something important. Jack Napier says it's like, I began as a lab assistant, right? Was a good job... Real good job... So what I did... I quit to become a comedian... I was so sure... So sure I had talent. Jack Napier says but, ha, look at me... I guess my talents didn't lie in that direction... So, you see, like, if I just do this one big crime... One of the 2 men who work for the red hood says hey, jeez, man, be cool.