Chapter 25! Page 72!

Jack Napier follows the 2 police officers outside. Jack Napier says uh, listen, what, what, what's the problem here?... I... The police officer who is wearing a tan colored trench coat and a fedora hat says sir, I'm sorry, but your wife had an accident this morning, apparently testing a baby-bottle heater... There was an electrical short, and uh... Well, she died, sir... I'm sorry.

 The police officer who is wearing a tan colored trench coat and a fedora hat starts smoking a cigarette

The police officer who is wearing a tan colored trench coat and a fedora hat starts smoking a cigarette. Jack Napier says what? The police officer who is wearing a tan colored trench coat and a fedora hat puts his right hand on Jack Napier's left shoulder and says listen, I hate to break it to you like this... It was a million to one accident!... They have full details waiting for you at the hospital... There's no hurry. The police officer who is wearing a police uniform says if I was you, I'd have another drink. Jack Napier walks back into the bar/restaurant. Jack Napier sits down at the table. Jack Napier says my wife... She's dead... My wife... The other man who works for the red hood says gee, that's terrible... We're really sorry. The other man who works for the red hood says yeah, hey, listen, man, you probably wanna be left alone right now, huh?... We'll see you tonight, okay? Jack Napier says tonight?... But... But I can't do anything tonight... Th-there's no reason anymore... Jeannie's dead... You don't understand... The other man who works for the red hood says no, no, no, no, I'm sorry about your wife, but it's you that don't understand... What's happening tonight, it's no little thing... Nobody backing out now remains healthy... No exceptions. Jack Napier says B-but... The other man who works for the red hood says no buts, man, tomorrow, you bury your old lady in luxury, tonight, you're with us... Get the picture? Jack Napier says yes... I get the picture. The 2 men who work for the red hood both leave the bar/restaurant.