Secrets part 2 ( eddie )

You were frozen, gawking at your brother. You opened your mouth, desperate to say something, anything, to change his mind, to convince him otherwise; but you couldn't. You physically couldn't bring yourself to lie to him, not again. Not anymore. He knew, and there was nothing you could do. Eddie didn't look like he was going to object either; his expression mirror your own. Pure horror, shock, and flushed cheeks. "Is it true?" Stan asked, his voice void of any emotion.

You were aware the entire group was nervously glancing between you, Stan, and Eddie. You couldn't bear to look at him anymore, so you cast your gaze downwards. No words were said between the group, a heavy, tense silence lurking through the air. The sound of a zipper made you snap your head in the direction of the noise, and Eddie took a puff of his inhaler. Taking a deep breath yourself, you forced yourself to look up into your brother's eyes.

You were surprised at what you saw; not a trace of anger, in the slightest. You could read your brother like a book, and he truly wasn't angry. All you saw was hurt, and it broke your heart. From the way you felt currently, you would've rathered him be mad.
"How long has this been going on?" He demanded. "Stan.." You whispered, your cracking voice echoing through the dead silent area. "How long?" He repeated, louder than the first time. "5 months." Eddie whispered, ashamed.

He wouldn't look Stan, or anyone, in the eyes. His eyes were firmly glued to the ground. "Stan, please.." You whispered, on the verge of breaking down. He didn't respond.
He only shook his head, silently grabbing his clothes off the ground and sliding on his shorts and shoes, not bothering with his belt, socks, or shirt. He simply climbed into his bike, clothes resting on his elbow before looking at you, dead in the eyes, and sighing, before biking off. The others were left in an uncomfortable silence, and you broke down. "I'm so sorry, Y/N."

The tears began flowing down your cheeks, and Beverly instantly brought you into a hug. She knew how bad the guilt of not telling Stanley had been affecting you, and how you thought- no, you knew this would happen, despite her telling you Stan wouldn't do something like this. Obviously, she didn't know him as well as you did. How could she, though?
After sitting in the deadly silence for a good few minutes, Beverly spoke. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I've gotta get back, my dad's gonna start worrying. Hang in there, I'm sure everything will work itself out." She said, smiling sadly as she released you from the hug, gave you a quick pat and jumped on her bike. One by one, the losers copied, wishing you the best; even Richie, instead of a remark on your relationship, smiled at you and told you everything would be alright.

Soon, it was just you and Eddie remaining, the only sounds being your uneven breathing, from recovering from your wave of tears.
Eddie walked over to you, hesitantly, and offered you a hand. Sniffling, you took it, and allowed him to help you up. Instead of letting go of your hand when you were on your feet, Eddie tugged on your arm and pulled you into his chest. You both wrapped your arms around each other, and stood there in a silence. Whether it was one you'd consider comfortable, you were unsure. You wouldn't consider it uncomfortable either, though. Somewhere in between.

A minute passed, and you sighed. "What's gonna happen, Eds? To us?" You whispered, unable to swallow the lump in your throat. You felt Eddie tense in your arms, and he slipped his arms out from your grip and took a puff from his inhaler. He looked down at you, smiling sadly. "I have no fucking idea, Y/N."
That was another thing you could always trust Eddie to do; be honest with you. He wasn't going to lie, and say everything was going to be alright, like everyone else, because he knew it could easily go wrong. The best he- and you- could do, was wait and hope for the best. You two slowly released your death grips on one another, and you looked up into his beautiful, shimmering brown eyes. He leaned down, kissing you quickly, but passionately. You understood it perfectly; he was saying good luck, I love you, and goodbye, all in one little 10-second kiss.
"Let's get you home."

Eddie whispered, grabbing your hand and tugging you towards your pile of clothes. You both dressed quickly, and you climbed on the back of Eddie's bike, holding onto his torso tightly. He biked you home, much faster than you would've liked, and you hopped off the bike. "Want me to come in with you?" Eddie asked, sweetly. "No thanks, Eds. I need to do this myself." You smiled bittersweetly, dreading conversation with your brother. You waved to Eddie, walking up the pathway to your door.

Just as you were about to enter, Eddie called your name.
Turning, you gave him a look of confusion. He smiled at you, a twinkle in his eyes. "I never told you, you look absolutely beautiful today." You blushed bright red, and waved him off, playfully. "Get out of here, Kaspbrak." His smile melted into one of concern. "I love you, Y/N. No matter what happens." Tears sprung to your eyes, and you bit your lip to attempt to stop them from flowing down your already flushed cheeks. "I love you too. Goodbye, Eddie." With that, you disappeared behind the door, closing it behind you. Immediately, you leaned against the door, closing your eyes and letting free the tears.

"He really means that much to you, huh?" Your eyes snapped to the voice, your eyes blown wide. It was Stan, and he had the same emotionless expression still on his face. You couldn't bring yourself to vocalize your thoughts, so all you managed was a nod. Stan hummed, looking down on the floor. "Listen, Y/N-" He started, but you cleared your throat, ready to speak. You were going to fight for you and Eddie, he meant so much to you, way too much to let him go so easily.

"No, you listen, Stanley. I love Eddie, okay? I'm so, so sorry I broke your promise, but we were 8! You couldn't have expected me to keep that promise, could you? It's not like I chose to fall in love with Eddie-" "Y/N," He tried to cut you off, but you held up a finger. "I'm not done. Eddie's the nicest, smartest, sweetest, most amazing boy I've met. He makes me happy, Stanley. I know, you're worried he'll hurt me-" "Y/N.." "Shush! Eddie wouldn't hurt me; he wouldn't hurt a fly, for god's sake! It's Eddie- he's an innocent little angel, he's heavenly.. I'm getting off topic, anyways" "Y/N!" Stanley finally yelled, and you gulped, shying away. Here it comes.
"I support you two, Y/N." He said, and you looked at him if he were crazy. "Come again?" You asked,
genuinely confused. Stan sighed, grabbing your arm and pulling you into the empty living room, and sat you on the couch. "Look, you're right. You're always right. I know, we were only 8, but I worried about you. I still worry about you, but it's not my place to stop you from loving someone." You had tears running down your cheeks, this time ones of happiness, and you lunged forward, tackling your brother in a hug.

"Thank you so much, Stan." You whispered, sniffling. You two pulled away, smiling at each other. "I just ask you two keep the PDA to a minimum around me. I do not need to see my best friend sucking my sister's face off." You choked on air, a look of disgust crossing your features. "First of all, gross! Way to ruin the moment, dumbass! Second, it's Eddie the Germaphobe Kaspbrak." You laughed, and Stan laughed too.

"I guess you're right. Besides, I'd much rather you be with Eddie, than most of the guys in this town. I trust him." "Glad to hear it." You smiled, ecstatic. "Well, I mean, before today, I thought you were in a relationship with Richie, so I think you could imagine the relief I felt when I figured out it was Eddie, and not Richie." "Why the fuck would I date Richie?" You asked, furrowing your brows. Stan shrugged. "You wouldn't. If he tried anything with you, he'd be dead." You both laughed, and you hugged him again as you whispered, "I wouldn't doubt it for a minute, Stan."