stuck inside // richie tozier

28 year old richie x reader

it was raining heavily in the town of derry and you were stuck inside your room with your boyfriend richie. the sounds of the rain colliding against the windows and roof were the only thing that filled the room as you watched the movie. richie was on the telephone with eddie, talking about something you didn't really care about. once he hung up, he came back to bed.
"what did eddie say?" you ask, burying your head into his chest.
"well, the storm is hitting us hard so we're stuck indoors for at least two or three days." richie sighed, putting his arm around you.
"so i have to spend two days with your annoying self? dear god help me." you put a hand to your forehead and laughed.
"well i'm not exactly happy either! i have to deal with your nagging!" richie shot back, a smile playing on his lips.
"touche, tozier, touche." you smile and went back to watch your movie, slowly drifting off into a nap.
when you woke up, richie wasn't next to you. the tv was turned off and the room was very dark. how long did you nap for? you looked at the clock and saw it was already 6 o'clock in the evening so that meant you slept for three hours.
you slowly get out a bed and stumble out into the hallway, making your way into the kitchen where you heard some bustling.
"oh look at who's finally awake! it's derry's very own sleeping ugly!" richie announced and you chuckled weakly.
"shut up or fight, richie," you say and then your eyes dart to the two mugs in front of him. "what's that?"
"ah, it's hot chocolate! i was going to give you some but you obviously don't appreciate me..." richie trailed off and took a sip from his mug.
"no! i do appreciate you!" you whine, trying to reach for a mug but he stood in the way.
"prove it," richie smirked down at you. damn height differences.
you smiled and rose up to kiss him on the lips and he returned it back, snaking an arm around your waist to pull you in closer. you smile within the kiss and brought your arms around his neck and letting your fingers get tangled in his curls. you pulled away after a moment or so, letting your head rest against his chest, catching your breath.
"can i have some hot chocolate now?" you mumble.
"yes, you most certainly can." richie said, his face red. he picked up the mug and carefully handed it to you.
"thanks jerk." you smirk and took a sip from your mug and flipped him off, walking back to your room.
"y/n! can't leave guy hanging!" you hear richie call from the kitchen, just as you reached your bed and you couldn't help but laugh.
"wanna watch another movie?" richie asks from beside you, flipping through the channels.
"no," you whine, "we've watched two movies already!"
richie turned towards you, his head being supported on his hand. you roll towards him and wrap your leg around him.
"let's play a game!" you smile wide almost like a little kid on christmas.
"what kind of game?" finn smirked, drawing patterns on your calf.
"not that kind of game, you perv!" you slap his head, giggling.
"well if you're bored, wanna have sex?" richie winks at you and pokes your side.
"oh god. i'm moving to the living room if you keep on being a perv!" you groan, shaking your head. you start to rise up but richie pulls you right back down to bed.
"no, i'm sorry! it's really fucking cold and surprisingly, your petite figure makes me warm. this is why i love you!" richie smiles and pulls you into his chest, squeezing you tight. you cough and slap his back to signal to hug you looser.
"honestly, after three years of those, you'd think i'd be used to being squeezed like an orange but nope." you mutter, nestling your head into his neck. you feel your eyes getting heavy and eventually, richie hears your soft, steady breaths.
"well, i hope it'll be more than three years. maybe a lifetime." richie whispers and his eyes dart to his designated drawer in your dresser.
the drawer that held a velvet box, a sparkling ring inside.