Secrets {Part 1} // Eddie Kaspbrak

"Why can't I go?" You asked, incredulously. It was a typical sunny day in Derry; blue sky, scorching heat. It was the perfect day to go for a swim. Your brother had asked for the two of you to go out with your friends to the Quarry, and without a second thought, your father had agreed for Stan to go, but not yourself. "This isn't up for discussion, young lady." Your father said, sternly. "But- This is so unfair!" You argued, your face visibly showing your anger. "I said this isn't up for discussion! Just go to your room, Y/N!" Your father snapped, and with a huff, you did so, slamming the door behind you.

"For fucks sake." You whispered, throwing yourself onto the bed. You grumbled to yourself, rolling over. "Why can Stanley go, but not me?" Normally, it wouldn't matter that much, as your father knew the boys well and didn't think they were bad, but when it came to swimming at the Quarry with a bunch of teenage boys in your undergarments, he had his limits. Even if Beverly would be there, she didn't have the best of reputations among the town, either. You understood he was trying to protect you, but it didn't mean you were happy about it.

The sound of something hitting against your window made you turn in surprise. Walking up to it, you jumped when the same sound echoed through your quiet room. You saw it clearly now; it was a rock, but who'd been throwing them? Furrowing your brows in confusion, you slid open your window and peeked out, scanning the yard until your eyes fell upon a certain short brunette.

"Eddie?" You asked, peeling your window open ever so gently. The boy had a huge smile on his face, and motioned for you to climb down. You looked at your door with a hesitant glance, and smiled sadly at the boy. "Can't. Dad won't let me out with you guys today." Eddie frowned, but you were quick to finish. "It's alright, though! You guys go ahead and have fun. I have a lot of homework to catch up on anyways- we can't all be as smart as my brother." You attempted, and failed, to convince him. He shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"Y/N, you and I both know you want to come, so get your ass down here or I'll haul mine up." You blinked, a bit shocked, before biting your lip. "What about my dad?" You asked, unsure. "Stan's distracting him, obviously. Hurry up, dammit!" Most people never would have really taken Eddie for such an impatient, demanding person, but you knew Eddie. You wouldn't have thought it of him either, but you'd known him for as long as you could remember.

Sighing in defeat, you ever-so-careful climbed out of your window, jumping and landing on your feet with ease. It wasn't as if you hadn't done it before, you'd done it hundreds of times, but the last time you'd got caught, well, let's leave it at the fact you were certainly not willing to go through it again. Still, you trusted Eddie, and besides, Stan wouldn't let anything too bad happen to you, nor would the other losers. They were your family, and they had your back.

You walked over to Eddie, and the two of you glanced around, guaranteeing the coast was clear. Eddie quickly pressed his lips to yours, pulling away almost immediately. He pulled you into a hug, whispering into your ear. "I miss you. We never get any alone time, anymore." Frowning, you pulled away. "I'm so sorry, Eds. I know this sucks, but we gotta go. Stan's terrible at distractions." Eddie sighed, but followed you anyway. You could tell he was hurt, but Stan couldn't find out about the two of you.

It went against every rule in the book, yet it was such a common, stereotypical romance; the girl fell in love with her brother's best friend, and the two date in secret without the brother knowing, with fear he'll disapprove and risk losing their relationships with him.

It wasn't that you didn't want to tell Stan. Damn, you wanted to so bad. You two told each other everything, and you were as close as could be. He wouldn't admit it, but you knew Eddie was dying to tell Stan and Richie as well; they were his best friends, after all. You knew how Stan was, though. Overprotective of you. He'd always been like this, even when you two were young. You remembered it like it was yesterday.

"Y/N, you can't date any of my friends." He'd told you, out of the blue. The two of you were on the swings in your backyard, rocking back and forth gently. Of course, you were both only 8 years old at the time, and it meant absolutely nothing to you. "Boys are gross, Stan! They have cooties!" You'd replied, sticking your tongue out at him. He sighed, and looked at you, seriously. "I'm serious, Y/N/N. I don't wanna see you hurt. It would be even worse from my friends." "I'm serious, Y/N/N!" you mocked, giggling. Stan sighed, the serious look unmoving from his face. "Fine, mr Grumpy! I won't date your friends!" "Promise?" "Yes, Stan. I promise not to ever, EVER date any of your friends!"

If only you'd realized then how hard it would've been, maybe you wouldn't have made the promise to your brother. Maybe you would've been smarter, had you only been a bit older, wiser. "I can't make promises I can't keep, Stanley." If only you'd said something along the lines of that, you wouldn't be flooded with the guilt you felt to this day. You didn't want to have to break your promise to Stan. You tried so, so hard to push away your feelings, until finally, you couldn't anymore. You knew if Stan found out, it would break him. The thought of breaking him, broke you.

As the two of you passed the window, you ducked while Eddie signalled Stan, to which he nodded, bidding your father goodbye and meeting you two outside. "Let's get going then, we'll be late." Stan said, as the three of you walked down the driveway. "Dad's gonna notice if my bike is missing, Stan." You frowned, you knew Stan hated when you rode on the back of his bike. Stan pondered this, knowing you were right. "You can ride with me." You both snapped your heads to Eddie, who was blushing bright red. You almost thought he would expose your entire relationship.

Stan looked unsure, before Eddie clarified. "I mean, I know you hate riding with another person, and I don't mind." Stan looked to you, and you nodded, indicating you were okay with it. "Alright, but don't try anything with my sister, Kaspbrak." He teased, but there was a serious tone to it that scared the both of you, just a little. Gulping nervously, you waited for Eddie to climb onto his bike before following suit, loosely wrapping your arms around his torso as he took a deep breath, following Stan as the three of you made your way to the Quarry.

Upon arrival, you were greeted with the Losers Club and the guilt of being with Eddie, though still present, was watered down and pushed away. Beverly, who was the only one who knew about your relationship, had raised eyebrows when you'd pulled up, arms wrapped around Eddie. She ever-so-subtly looked from Eddie to Stan, indicating her question evidently. You shook your head no, and mouthed "I'll explain later", to which she nodded.

The two of you stripped down to your undergarments, and without another word, both jumped off the ledge. "Holy fuck, how do they always do it without giving a shit?" Richie asked, dumbfounded. Even after all these times, he and the others still found it amazing that you and Beverly both jumped without hesitation. He and the others had their eyes trailed on the water, where you and Beverly had surfaced and were splashing each other, smiles bright on your faces. All except one; Stanley. He was too busy death glaring at Eddie. He saw the way Eddie's eyes were trained on you from the moment you began to strip. None of the others seemed to notice Stan's glare, however, and one by one, they all jumped, leaving Stanley standing alone. He shook his head at himself; neither you or Eddie would do something like that. He must've just looked at a bad time. "C'MON, STANLEY!" You called, and Stan sighed, before running and jumping off the cliff.

The rest of the day flew by, chicken fights occurred while you and Eddie supervised, lots of splashing, Richie making a comment or two about you and Beverly, and now you were laying beside Beverly, suntanning quietly. The boys were all staring at the two of you, both girls knew. Their gazes flicked between your two bodies, except Eddie's, which stayed on your beautiful body. You and Eddie had been careful all day, up until this point, or so you'd thought. It just so happened that Stan had kept an eye on the two of you after his speculations that morning, and he had been right. You two were obviously much closer than the others; Stanley already knew this, because you and Eddie had always been quite close, but it was different. He saw the way Eddie looked at you, and it made his blood boil. The worst part of it all? You looked at Eddie the same way.

"THAT'S IT!" Stanley screamed, making the entire group jump, staring at him in shock. You and Beverly shot up, eyes blown wide. "What the fuck, Stan?" Beverly asked, taking off her sunglasses and squinting at your brother. "Why don't we ask Eddie and Y/N, Hmm?!" You glanced at Eddie, then back at Stan. "What are you talking about, Stan?" You asked, a fake-confused tone hiding your nerves. "What am I talking about? Oh, I don't know! Maybe about how you and Eddie are dating in secret, behind our backs?"