Transformation //Richie 

It was the summer of 1991, a new decade and the Loser's Club were still considered just that. As they ticked over the age of 16 and 17 they were still as close as they were 3 years ago after the Pennywise attacks. As time went on, so did their lives, some finding love and some discovering themselves, much like everyone in their high school. Richie was one of those.

Over the year Richie found himself spending less time at the beloved arcade and with a girl, Y/N Y/L/N. A girl he'd met years ago, but a spark had only just flown between the two. They began as lab partners and over time they couldn't help but develop crushes on one another and now they were secretly a couple. Richie still hadn't told the Loser's Club as he was worried how they'd react to Y/N.

She wasn't the girl she used to be. She's changed significantly from being the short and chubby girl who didn't have many friends, to a girl who everyone seemed to drool over as soon as she lost her baby fat. For that reason, Richie was worried to tell everyone as he knew she was too good for him and they would know also. Mike had even said he thought Y/N was absolutely beautiful and on that day Richie had never been so angry as Stanley and Eddie joined in as they admired her. "I can't believe you're working with that beauty on a lab project!", in that moment he wanted to blurt it out, but he resisted much to his dismay as he wanted to wait for Y/N's consent.

The bell echoed through the school hallways, signifying to everyone it was time to head out for lunch. Today was the day Richie was going to come clean and Y/N was going to join him. She walked out alongside him and all he could do was grit his teeth as boys and girls stared at her. Richie normally wasn't a jealous guy, but his insecurities shun as he fell more in love with Y/N every day. "You okay babe?" she asked, wrapping her arm around his to keep him close to her. "I'm fine, just nervous." he whispered back as they finally made their way to the front of the school.

There the Loser's Club stood beside the bike rack, patiently waiting for Richie's arrival. "What took you so long? Oh, hi Y/N!" Stanley's eyes widened as his gaze met her presence. Richie's stature stiffened as he began to speak. "I have to tell you guys something.. Well, we have something to tell you guys." Richie flashed a smile, looking down at his girlfriend who was already smiling as bright as a girl could.

"Oh my god." Beverly whispered from beside Bill as she already knew what they were going to say just from their body language. "We're dating!" Richie raised his hands in a 'ta-da' motion as each of his friend's jaws dropped. Mike gripped Richie's arm and led him away, the rest following other than Beverly. "This isn't a joke right?" Mike muttered, still in awe of what he just heard. Richie inhaled deeply with a proud smile and a shaking of his head. "W-wait." Bill began and Eddie instantly took off from his sentence. "You're dating Y/N Y/L/N. The girl who went from chubby outsider to Derry's most beautiful teenager?" Eddie rambled, looking behind Richie to Y/N who was happily smiling and laughing along with Beverly.

"Yes, I am. What did I just tell you?" Richie laughed, walking away and leaving them wide-eyed and in complete confusion. Richie felt happy you were his, despite the fact he knew many other boys were in awe of you. To him, even the girl you used to be was just as beautiful as the girl you were now.