Hate // richie

"They hate each other too much to not be lying about it," Beverly comments as she watches (y/n) walk away from Richie with clenched fists and a red face. Richie turns to look at the losers with a triumphant smirk. Bev and Stan roll their eyes before turning to walk to English. Richie furrows his eyebrows in confusion and makes his way to the two who had waited for him.

"What's wrong with them?" Richie asks, pointing at the two who had just entered the classroom. "Ya know what I don't care, I got the last word so she's not coming to the party tonight," Richie says confidently, crossing his arms and looking at Bill and Eddie who were looking at Richie like he was crazy.

"You really think she's going to listen to you, she hasn't gone by what you said since like... fourth grade," Eddie retaliates, glancing at Bill who shrugged at him. Richie scoffs, believing that she would listen to him and not go to the biggest party of the year.

"She won't come, if she does... then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Now, who wants to skip sixth hour with me?" Richie asks, smirking at the two. Bill shakes his head and passes Richie, lugging his backpack over his shoulder. "C'mon Big Bill! You know you want to," Richie exclaims as the brunette enters his class, ignoring the trashmouth.

"If my mom finds out I skipped I'll be dead, so you're on your own," Eddie says, walking past Richie and heading to class. Richie looks around trying to find Mike or Ben, but has no luck and decides to head outside so he could smoke.

(y/n) taps her cigarette on the side of her finger and sticks it between her teeth before pulling out her spanish homework. Her face was still red and she was still angry so she decided skipping was a better option and finishing homework for next period would suffice for distracting her. She tugs on a strand of her hair and reads a question.

"Well if it isn't Little Miss Priss!" Richie's voice booms causing (y/n) to jump and snap her head up. She groans and shuts her Spanish book before standing up and dropping her cigarette on the floor. "Aw, leaving so soon?" Richie teases, taking out a cigarette pack from his back pocket and taking one out. (y/n) rolls her eyes before trying to shove past Richie. But he grabs her arm and stops her in her tracks, "You gotta light?" he asks.

"Yeah, you can shove it up your ass," (y/n) snarls before ripping her arm from Richie's grasp. Richie chuckles, as (y/n) fixes her jacket and starts off towards the school.

"C'mon, princess, help a lonely prince out," Richie taunts causing (y/n) to stop in her tracks. She shakes her head before turning and speed walking towards him. She takes the lighter out of her pocket and tosses it to Richie. "Damn, Doll, didn't think you'd actually help," Richie mutters, lighting his cigarette and stalking towards (y/n). "Thanks princess," Richie mutters, stuffing the lighter in her back pocket and walking past her towards the bike rack.

"You don't have to be such a jerk!" (y/n) shouts to him causing Richie to turn around and look at the girl with a raised eyebrow. "If you were actually nice to me we could be somewhat friends," She explains to him, raising her arms in emphasis. "You wouldn't have to cheat off of me, I could easily give you the answers. A free room at my house would be a thing?" (y/n) comments, knowing exactly what happens in his home. Richie clenches his jaw, looking off at the road before locking his gaze on her.

"I think I'm good where I'm at," Richie says monotonously before turning to disappear behind the wall. (y/n) sighs before shaking her head and heading into the school

—–

Gripping a cup full of whatever was in the keg next to the kitchen, (y/n) pushes past crowds of people before making her way to the backdoor. She takes a deep breath and relaxes. She had been at the party two hours and only now escaped the dance floor to get a drink. She knew Tozier had been staring at her all night, she smirks knowing she had ticked him off. Downing her drink she throws it in the yard and turns to enter the house again, only to be stopped by someone opening the door and blocking her from going in. She looks up and scowls at the face of Trashmouth Tozier. "Are you gonna let me in or am I gonna have to go around the front," (y/n) asks Richie, who takes a step towards her leading her to take a step back. (y/n) ends up leaning against the wall with Richie hovering over her.

"Did you think you could tease me like that and get away with it?" Richie growls, the smell of alcohol on his breath. (y/n) raises her eyebrows and looks at the boy with surprised eyes. "First of all coming here when I told you not to, the dancing, and that lip thing you do when you flirt," Richie confesses, (y/n) smiles before pushing his shoulder back, pushing him until he's against the wall, leading her to be in control of the situation.

"Does little old Trashmouth have a secret crush?" (y/n) asks condescendingly, causing Richie's face to flush. "Oh, so you do hide behind hatred? Bev's been telling me this for weeks but I never believed her," (y/n) says, looking into Richie's eyes.

"What now? Gonna tell the whole school that "Richie Tozier hides behind hatred to cover up his feelings for local nerd, (y/n) (y/l/n)!'" Richie asks, tilting his head at the girl who was smiling at him. Richie furrows his eyebrows at (y/n), shaking his head in confusion. "What?" He asks, (y/n) blink before pressing a kiss to his lips.

Richie's eyes widen before he closes them and pulls her closer with his hand on her head. She grips his shirt as she pushes herself on her tiptoes. They pull away and take deep breaths, before pressing their lips together again. Her hands slide down and push up his shirt, pressing her cold hands on his stomach causing him to jump away from her cursing. She backs away laughing. "Holy shit, your hands are freezing," Richie comments, taking her hands in his and blowing hot air into them. (y/n) smiles at him.

"Wow, Tozier didn't think you had a heart," (y/n) comments, getting closer to Richie as if he was a heater.

"Shut up, princess, I'll leave you out here in the cold," Richie says, muffed by the hands in front of his face. (y/n) smirks with an eyebrow raised.

"Hmm, something tells me otherwise," (y/n) tilts her head, biting her lip. Richie stares down at her.

"Mm, and then maybe I'll let you in to warm you up," Richie smirks, dropping (y/n)'s hands and pulling her in to warm her shivering body.

"Is that an invitation or...?" (y/n) smirks back, looking up at the flirtatious boy. He smiles back before tugging her into the house.