Shut up // eddie x reader

"bill here will show you around derry, won't you billy?" your aunt gave you a big, almost fake, smile and you gave her a sheepish one back.
"y-yeah, y-you c-c-can c-come m-meet m-my f-f-friends!" bill gave you a warmer smile, one that actually made you feel better about moving.
your mom and dad recently got a divorce and your mom didn't have a job to generate money for the both of you so, she called your aunt and she arranged for you to come and live in derry with your cousin bill. you got to derry on friday but it took you two days to get settled in.
the last time you saw him was when georgie died, which wasn't too long ago but you only stayed in derry for a day. not that much time to actually see derry when you're being faced with a casket holding your sweet, little cousin.
"sounds great!" you say to bill and you noticed your aunt walked off already. "when?"
"r-r-right n-now, a-actually. w-we're g-g-going t-to h-hang o-out b-by th-the q-q-qua-quarry."
"that sounds fun, even though i don't know what that is," you laugh and bill motioned you to follow him. he led you out of the house and towards his bike.
"y-you c-can r-ride i-in th-the b-back, j-j-just d-d-don't f-fall. w-we're g-g-going t-to m-meet u-up w-with e-e-eddie f-first th-then w-we'll wait for th-the o-others to c-come by the p-p-ph-pharmacy store," bill rambled as he got on his bike and you carefully mount it behind him. "r-ready? le-let's g-go."
"where's that friend of yours?" you ask, gently hitting your head on the cold metal of the pole. "we've been here for five minutes."
"h-he'll b-b-be h-here s-s-soon," bill mutters, his words getting lost in the wind. "i-it's p-p-probably b-b-beca- oh! th-there h-he i-is!" bill points to a boy riding a bike similar to bill's.
"e-e-eddie! th-there y-you a-are," bill motioned him over to where you guys are and bill turned to you. "e-e-e-eddie, th-this is m-my c-c-cousin, y-y-y-y-"
"y/n l/n," you roll your eyes playfully at bill. "bill, we've been knowing each other since we were in diapers, you stuttering my name like that kinda hurts my feelings."
"right!" eddie looked at you, a nice and warm smile on his face. "he stutters my name, too. he got better at it but not by much."
"f-f-fuck y-you g-guys," bill joked and mounted his bike once more. "l-let's g-go t-to th-the p-pharmacy."
you climbed back on bill's bike and held on to bill's shoulders as you, him, and eddie bike the short way over to the pharmacy. you could see the pharmacy within a minute and the boys swerved into the alley next to it.
"what time did you tell them to be here?" eddie asked bill.
"l-l-like at th-three th-thirty."
"what time is it?" you chimed in, leaning over to look at bill who was on the other side of eddie.
"th-three f-fifteen," bill said after checking his small wristwatch.
"okay, i'm going to get a refill for my aspirator," eddie stood up and pulled out his aspirator from his pocket and shook it, taking a deep inhale of it. "wanna come in with me, y/n?"
you felt a tingle spread through your cheeks, "yeah sure, bill? are you fine with us leaving you here?"
"y-yeah, i-i h-have t-t-to w-wait f-for th-the o-ot-others, a-anyways." bill waved you two off and you follow eddie into the pharmacy. the two of you walked up to the counter where a girl with brown hair and a bitch face was standing, flipping lazily through her magazine.
"hey greta, can i have my refill?" eddie placed his aspirator on the counter and greta barely looked up from her magazine before heaving a great sigh. she took the aspirator with a heavy hand and went to the back.
"is she always that rude?" you grimace at the spot where she just was. eddie snorted and leaned in to whisper to you.
"rumor has it, she has a stick so far up her ass that she has to keep her face like that so she won't die," eddie giggled and shook your head, laughing as well.
greta came back aned basically threw eddie his aspirator before going back to her magazine. you let out a hmph noise and went to walk out with eddie until you hear greta call the two of you back over.
"aren't you y/n l/n? the new girl?" greta asked, slowly closing her magazine.
you slowly walk up and cross your arms in front of your chest, "yeah, that's me," feeling a bit bold. "what's it to you?"
greta let out a dry, mocking laugh, "then you're the girl that got sent here because her daddy didn't want her anymore and mommy is just too poor to care for anybody, aren't you?"
you felt your eye twitch and you were about to say something but before you could say or do anything, eddie beat you to the punch.
"shut up, greta," he snarled. "don't bring y/n down about her family when yours isn't perfect either. your mom and dad don't even sleep in the same bed anymore. i overheard your dad yesterday talking about divorce lawyers so don't start talking."
you stared at eddie in awe. this boy has guts.
"my parents are not getting a divorce!" greta protested and eddie raised his eyebrows at her.
"i suggest you go check with your dad then," you smirk. "ta ta, pest."
greta stomped her foot but walked off. you grin and turn towards eddie who had a smile spreading across his face.
"thanks, eddie. you didn't have to do that but i do appreciate it," you lean in and plant a kiss on his cheek. you saw a pink tinge start to grace his cheeks and he was at a loss of words. you turned on your heel and started to walk towards the door, forcing your smile down.
maybe derry won't be so terrifying after all.