Suck it up // mike

here's a rule of thumb: if richie tozier ever comes to you with a box filled with unknown items and tells you to touch the thing in the box without knowing what it is, turn around and walk away.
if only you'd known this earlier, it would saved you from a huge spectacle.

"hey losers, let's play a game!" richie chirped and set the huge box he had atop the wooden table. everybody let out a unanimous groan, games with richie don't usually end well.

"if it's another of those whack-a-person game, i'm leaving," ben put his hands up as he eyed the box.
"no! the game is that i have stuff in the box and the each of you need to touch the object but the catch is, you don't know what the object will be!" richie beamed.

"richie, hun, i would but i have an extremely important appointment at my bed so," you start to get up but you got pulled down by mike.
"no can do y/n, if we're doing it, you are too," he said and you rolled your eyes. "damn it."

you turned to look at richie who seemed to be putting something into the box from the array of objects he has hidden from all of the others.
"okay, who's going first?" richie rubbed his hands together and scanned the group before landing his eyes on eddie. "come on, eddie!"

eddie took out his aspirator and shoved it in his mouth, taking a deep inhale. he stepped towards the box and (excruciatingly) slowly putting his hand into the box. not even a half second later, eddie screeched and pulled his hand back.
"what the fuck was that? ew!" eddie shook his hand but still put it back in, only to pull it out again. this went on for a while until richie pulled out a turtle from the box.

"it was a turtle?! i knew it was something hard!" eddie groaned and sat down, taking another inhale from his aspirator.
"where in the hell did you get a turtle?" stan asked, reaching over to take it from richie.
"i stole it. anyways, y/n! come right up!" richie pointed at you and you shook your head.
"i volunteer mike hanlon," you nudge mike forward but he didn't budge and you groaned, stalking over to the box. "i swear tozier, if anything bites me, i will chase you to the ends of this earth."

you took a breath and slowly put your hand in, reaching deep into the box and something fucking touched your hand. you didn't touch it, no, it touched your hand and you whipped your arm out of there so fast. you were maybe exaggerating or your mind was playing tricks on you but it sure felt that way.

"richie, ew! what the fuck is that? it touched me," you shuddered and turned back at mike who was stifling a laugh. "i will end you, hanlon."
"hey, i want to protect you but i'm fine here thanks," he laughed and you flipped him off before turning back to the box.

you worked up some courage and you quickly put your hand in and took it back out again. you thought about what you felt and came to the conclusion that it was fluffy.
"stop being such a baby and do it!" you heard mike jest.
"fuck all of you," you mutter and you put your hand back in one more time and scooped whatever was in the box and threw it out. it was a fucking stuffed animal. everybody bursted out laughing and you glared at all of them. you walk over to the stuffed frog? well, the stuffed frog and picked it up, avoiding richie's outstretched hand.

"meanies don't get their things back,"" you blow a raspberry at him and took a seat next to mike. "i also volunteer mike to go next."
"what? aw, y/n! i thought you loved me!" mike looked at you and pouted, shooting his puppy dog eyes at you. cute but no.

"nice try but stop being such a baby, suck it up and touch whatever richie has in the box," you shot him toothy grin and mike shook his head at you.
"th-that's y-your g-g-girlfriend, m-mike," bill smirked and you shot him a 'watch it' look.
"keep talking billy boy and you're next."p