The Loser's Club (Group Imagine)

6 years ago...
"Shit!" "Richie! That's a bad word!" 7-year-old you scolded. "Y-yeah Richie!" A young Bill frowned. "LALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Eddie cried, hands clamped over his ears dramatically. "Ugh, you all suck!" Richie cried, pouting. "You love us." You winked, Richie opening his mouth to protest. "Yeah, we're the only ones who actually don't mind you." Stan chimed in, making Richie pout even more. "Group hug!" You cried, squishing your friends in a group hug. Everything was great. Until you got home that day, when your parents suddenly had you pack up everything, very rushed, and leave the town the next morning.
You didn't even get to say goodbye to your best friends.

Little did you know how much it hurt them to visit your house, and see it abandoned. They asked around town, and everyone simply said you had to go away. It was confusing for the 7 year old group of boys, and it broke their hearts to see one of their best friends go. Over the years, they made a silent agreement that they wouldn't bring you up; the memories hurt them too much.

Present day

A lot had changed since that day. You'd grown out your hair; it used to be boy-cut (to match with the boys, you felt left out), now it fell past your shoulders, in loose Y/H/C curls. You wore makeup these days, even though you were only 13. You grew up in NYC, where you learned to fend for yourself and you didn't take shit from anyone. You'd gained much more confidence; going from the little, innocent girl from down the road to the baddest bitch in town.
Now, driving past the sign 'Welcome to Derry, Maine', that confidence began to slip. You were nervous about coming home; it was no secret.

You didn't really want to come back, if you were being honest. You'd just moved on, forgotten the feeling to miss all your best friends, and made new ones. You finally felt at home in New York, after 6 years, and just your luck, your parents decided it was time to go back. You never did know why you moved, but you never really thought about it.

Now, as you saw the many buildings you used to bike past with your friends, you gulped. Your friends. You wondered how they were. You lost contact as soon as you left, and you hadn't spoken to any of them since. It hurt, they were all like your brothers. Were they still friends? Would they even recognize you? 6 years was a long time, and not only your appearance, but your personality had changed drastically.

You were excited to see them; you hoped they were all still here, and still friends. Another feeling was locked in your mind, though; what if they didn't remember you? You remembered all of them vividly; Eddie, the nervous boy with the inhaler, and the crazy mother, Richie, the boy who never shut up and had a potty mouth (as 7-year-old you recalled), Bill, the stuttering leader of your friends group, and Stanley; the smart brainiac who drove you all mad, but you loved him. You loved all of them. You missed all of them. You could only hope they missed you too.

Stepping out of the car, you took a deep breath as a wave of nostalgia filled you. Your parents never sold your house; again, another thing you didn't bother questioning. You had asked time and time again while in New York to come back to visit, and now you were here, and ready to leave again. You glanced down the road, knowing Bill's house was down the block. If he still lived there, anyway.

"Mother?" You asked, nervously. "Yes, you can go." She immediately said, waving you off. "Bike?" She questioned, and you shook your head. "No thank you!" You called, running down the road. It felt odd, you never really rode it in New York. Not only was there nowhere to ride it, it just felt unusual, because you weren't with the boys. Sighing, you went for a walk around town, taking in your old home.
Meanwhile..

Beverly was walking along the streets, smiling happily. She'd just been invited to the Quarry with the 'Loser's Club' and she couldn't have been happier. Not paying attention, she walked right into someone, slamming into them. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" She said, helping the girl up. Confusedly, she looked the girl up and down. "Have we met before?" She frowned, the girl looked so familiar, yet so different.

"Oh my god.. Y/N L/N?!" Beverly exclaimed, shocked. You looked up, having been knocked over. Your jaw dropped. "Beverly Marsh!?" You gasped, jumping up. You two were quite close while you were younger, (obviously, not as close as you and the boys, but still close) and to say you both changed was an understatement. You tackled her into a hug, her quick to return it. "How have you been?!" Bev exclaimed, and you two chatted for a bit.

"Hey, have you seen the boys yet?" Bev asked, frowning slightly. You told her about what happened; you leaving abruptly, without saying goodbye. "N-no." You stuttered, "They don't even know i'm back." Beverly pondered this for a second, before lighting up like a christmas tree. "Well, tomorrow the boys and I are going to the Quarry, why don't you come with?! We can surprise them!" She exclaimed, and you thought about it, biting your lip. "Sure, why not?" You said, calmly, but your heart was racing. "Awesome, see you tomorrow!" She said, walking off. "Haha.. yeah, see ya.." You said, nervously. You returned back to your house, and the rest of the day flew by, as you anxiously awaited for tomorrow to come.

Time skip

You got dressed normally, simple undergarments and a nice dress. You didn't really style your hair, brushing it out and leaving it down. You smiled as you biked to where Bev told you to meet her. She was already there, and her hair, which was long like yours yesterday, was cut very short. "I like your hair!" You complimented, and she blushed slightly. "Thanks." The two of you biked up the hill, where all the boys were stood there, shirtless, and ready to jump. Well, they were dressed to jump. They all looked nervous as hell. There was another boy you didn't recognize; maybe he'd joined onto the group after you left. You were just happy they were all still friends; it was one of your biggest worries returning here.

"Who's gonna go first?" One of them said, you didn't catch who. "I'll go, Sissies!" Beverly called, catching the group's attention. She quickly stripped off her dress, you following suit. The boys seemed confused, but you didn't give them time to process it. "Come on, Y/N!" She screamed, grabbing your arm and you both together ran and jumped off the cliff. "What the fuck!?" You assumed Richie called.
Eddie turned to the guys, confused. "Did she say.. Y/N?" He asked, quietly. The loser's, except Ben, tensed, looking to Eddie slowly.

"No, Ed, it couldn't be.." Stan whispered, looking down at you and Beverly, who were watching them impatiently. "Come on, guys!" You called, waving them down. Richie gulped. "Holy shit.. It is Y/N." "Whose Y/N?" Ben asked, confused as hell. "A-An old f-friend." Bill stuttered, shocked. "Seriously, are you coming?!" Bev called, confused. The boys all took a last glance, before jumping off the cliff, screaming and kicking their legs wildly.

You swam over to them, shyly, as they all settled. "So, uh, surprise?" You asked, scared. The boys all glanced at each other, and you sighed. "Look, I can explain-" You started, but Richie cut you off. "No, Y/N! What the hell? You fucking left us! You didn't even tell us you were leaving!" The group fell silent, you gulping. "I-I didn't know.." You whispered, knowing you deserved it.

"W-W-What d-do you m-mean y-you didn't k-know?" Bill asked, confused. "That night we were out, all of a sudden, my parents said we're going to New York, and to pack everything I owned. We just up and left. I begged and begged to say goodbye. It was like they couldn't hear me, or they just ignored me." You said, sadly. They all remained quiet, before Stanley swam over to you, giving you a much-needed hug.

You gladly hugged back, and one by one, the boys swam over, giving you hugs and saying how much they missed you. You were introduced to Ben, who you got along great with. "You know how we got picked on a lot, Y/N?" Stanley asked, as you all were relaxing in the water. "Yeah?" You asked, confused. "W-We gave ourselves a n-name." Ben added, looking to Eddie. "Welcome back to the Loser's Club, Y/N."