Heat // richie

Derry summer's are disgusting, but in a pleasant way. School was out, Barbeque season was in, and you got to spend all your time with The Losers Club. Unfourtantly, all of this brought along grossly moist heat, bugs, and Richie Tozier yelling at the top of his lungs about how itchy his hair was on his sweaty neck.

"Oh my god! Shut up already, suck it up!" you whined, throwing your arm over your eyes, shielding you from the sunlight. You and Richie were the first to arrive at the quarry, and were waiting for everyone else to join the two of you. Every minute spent with Richie complaning about the length of his hair made you want to rip your own strands out from the neat braids wound onto your head.

"Hell no, do you see this shit?!" he pointed to the curls that stopped just below his ear, framing his face perfectly.

"Yes. I see them. I still don't care, now would you come lie down?" You sat up from your position on the grass, only to lower yourself once more as Richie joined you under the blazing sun. It was silent for a total of 30 seconds that would've been considered peaceful untill a high pitched whine came from the Trashmouth beside you.

"Holy fuck! Okay sit up, I have an idea." grumpling, you stood up and sat on a rock near the edge of the cliff. Richie looked at you hesitantly as he made his way towards you, sitting where you guided him infront of you, his back resting against your knees. Your hands flew to his hair, sectioning and finger combing as you went.

"Ow, ow, ow! Why the fuck are you pulling so hard? What are you eve-"

"Ssh, stop fussing. I'm just braiding your hair." you lazily cut him off, already starting to mirror the braids on your own head. Richie said nothing as he leaned back against your knees, relaxing his shoulders and letting his head slump forward a bit.

This was peace, his hair slipping in between your fingers, weaving in and out of a braid.

Just as you finished off the braid, he turned his head to face you, chin resting on your knee and eyes shut.

"This is so much better. Thank you." He planted a small kiss to your knee, and you giggled as you ran your hands over his neatly done hairstyle.

"You're very welcome, Tozier. I think I hear the others now!"

With that, you stood up, offering Richie a hand as you greeted the members of the Losers Club.