Garden Of Affinity

__

The Loser's Club was a secure group of indivduals, a group where happiness wasn't constant but there was almost always a gurantee of support and love emitted from the surrounding members.

The group was first created when they were around 5 or 6, wide-eyed and innocent children running around on the nearly empty yard on one of Derry's summer days, when the sun was setting and young Bill Denbrough was being called in by his mother for supper. Just as he turn his back on his front yard, he heard two squeaky voices (one significantly squeakier than the other) arguing about god knows what on the sidewalk. Two boys around his age were just turing the corner on the sidewalk leading to Bill's house.

One looked straight out of his Saturday morning cartoons -dark curls laying across his forehead, a bright salmon shirt clung against his shoulders, and baby blue banaids stuck on to the raw knees under his shorts. His glasses were askew on his face, too large for him, making his eyes look like they belonged on a fly instead of a kindergardener.

The boy next to him was smaller in size, but taking up more than enough space with his flailing arms while his high pitched voice was ringing through the neighbourhood. His bright red shorts and fanny pack were practically begging Bill to turn his attention to the two boys walking in his direction. Of course, he knew these boys, but they weren't friends. He simply borrowed crayons and glue on the first day of kindergarden, but he never considered Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak as his friends.

Although, he noticed a third boy. Not anywhere near as noticable as the other two, who were, by the way, still arguing, but instead he was sitting with perfect posture on his front steps. He had golden ringlets sitting on top of his head, catching light in the sunset. The boy caught Bill's eye, looked at the two kids walking down the sidewalk, and met Bill's gaze once more before he rolled his eyes at the bickering. Bill giggled, but it was soon cut short by a cry of pain and thud.

"Richie! You promised no more accidents!" Eddie exclaimed, using what little body strength he had to pick Richie off of the ground.

As it turns out, he had tripped over Bill's bike that was sprawled out on the pavement from his trip to the park earlier.

"Sorry Eds, no more accidents after now! Pinky swear! And sorry Billiam, didn't mean to damage ye old bicycle." Richie finished off the statement with a terribe Irish accent, drowning out Eddie's cry of "I told you to not call me Eds!" and making Bill laugh nontheless.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

The bickering continued as the boys continued their treck down the sidewalk, turning another corner untill they were out of Bill's sight.

Smile still plastered on his face, he turned to see the golden haired boy once again, but only to find the stairs where he once sat empty.

"William Denbrough, didn't I tell you to come inside for dinner?"

"Coming!"

The next day, Bill asked Richie and Eddie to be his friends and they all ate lunch together. They found Stan, the golden haired boy, sitting alone near the swingsets, pulling the crusts off his sandwitch neatly and organizing his school bag.

The three new friends made their way over to Stan, plopped down right next to him and declared him their new friend. Turns out, he was in the kindergarden class next door and liked birds.

That day, Bill Denbrough ran home and straight into the arms of his mother, telling her all about his new bestfriends while she worked on lunch.

_____

Since then, the group had only expanded. With Beverly Marsh meeting the Losers while she was running from Greta Keene and her goons as they were hiding from Henry Bowers and his gang in 7th grade.

In the upcoming weeks they had also met Ben Hanscom, a chubby boy with a talent for writing and a fasciation with Beverly and a rivalry with Bill for her attention. The club had also met Mike Hanlon, who captured Stan's heart with his charming smile and soft spoken words.

When they were together, they were all whole. Of course their family lives weren't the best, nor were their social lives, but when they were together they were okay. They were a family of Losers and nothing could break them.

But when they couldn't express their emotions with words, what else could ever amount to the love that they all held for eachother?

______