Bill Denbrough heartbreak part 1

You all sat in a heavy silence, lost deeply in your thoughts. IT was really gone, and you couldn't wrap your head around the thought. You were all still alive, somehow, and finally safe. Though, you couldn't help the sinking feeling that was growing within you; you knew your demons, the memories of you biggest fears being brought to life right in front of your eyes and watching your friends suffer, would haunt you for the rest of your life.

You were sure you'd never have a good night's sleep again. You would honestly be surprised if you did.
You were all just kids; You'd faced things most adults couldn't handle, and you were no doubt emotionally scarred for the rest of your life. You nearly screamed, jumping as Bill spoke up, the sound snapping you out of your crazed thoughts. Yet another thing you'd have to deal with from now on; you couldn't shake the feeling you were always having to be ready for defensive actions and you were always on edge.

"Promise each other. Promise, that if IT ever comes back, we will too. We'll come back and defeat it, again." Bill stated, and the group reluctantly looked around at each other. No one wanted to think about that thing ever again, let alone deal with it. Slowly but surely, everyone, one by one all agreed. You stepped forward, picking up a piece of sharp glass from a smashed beer bottle that was laying on the ground. The others looked at you crazily.

"If we're doing this, we're doing it right." You said boldly, placing the sharp glass in Bill's hand. He smiled warmly at you, making your heart flutter. You always liked Bill; but kept your mouth shut, for one very important reason. The thought make you frown, but you quickly fixed yourself, placing a brave smile on your face and holding your hand out to Bill. "Are you sure?" Bill asked, quietly, and you nodded. "As sure as I can be about something like this."

He gently took your hand in his, and you couldn't help but notice how well your hands fit together. He slowly took the glass, pushing the sharp edge to your skin, taking a deep breath before making a small cut in palm of your hand. You winced slightly, but you expected it to hurt a lot more. The others took their turns, Bill slicing a final cut into his own hand, and you all grabbed a hand in yours. You held Bill's hand in one, and Eddie's arm cast lightly in the other.

You treasured the moment of peace while you all held tightly onto one of your friends' hand, you knew it wouldn't be this relaxed in a long time. Slowly, you all let go of each other's hands, Bill dropping yours much too soon for your liking, while his other hand lingered a bit longer, your heart stinging when you saw who the hand belonged to. You pulled your gaze away from him, glancing around at the rest of your friends, nervously but still relieved. You still couldn't believe you were all alive.

One by one, your group bid each other goodbye. Especially Beverly; she was leaving, much to your disappointment and sorrow. She had been your best friend for as long as you could remember, even before the official 'losers club' was formed. You were with her before it all started; before the rumours of her floated.. err, spread around.. you'd always been there for her, and her for you. But now, she was leaving.
She wasn't your only best friend, though. That was the real problem. Your other best friend; Bill Denbrough. The boy you'd been in love with since third grade; yes, the year of his, and Beverly's, first kiss. The jealousy that flooded you that day made you realize just how much you cared about Bill, more so how you cared for him. And it sucked.

Soon it was only you, Beverly and Bill. "See you, Bevvy." You smiled sadly, giving her a hug and walking off, Bill hot on your heels after giving her an awkward hug. "So now what..?" You asked Bill, but he didn't reply. You turned around, he was just behind you, where the hell did he go? Walking back to where Bev was, you arrived just in time to see Bill smash his lips onto Bevs, and pull away awkwardly, only to have Bev pull him in for another kiss.

You felt your heart break, though you knew this outcome was inevitable; you just wished it didn't happen so soon. Because the important reason you never told Bill your feelings, was he already had feelings for someone else. In a way, you did this to yourself. You pushed them together, despite your feelings for Bill, you knew how the two felt for each other and you had the power to set them up, so you did.

You left them alone, walking home with tears running freely down your cheeks. Because to you, to see both your best friends happy, was worth the heartbreak.