Heartbreak part 2

Bill was hurting. It was obvious; not only to you, his best friend, but nearly the whole town. He didn't smile as much, he didn't babble on about his latest writings or anything. The more you thought about it, the more you realized. The Bill you knew wasn't the same Bill anymore.

So that's why when you were with Eddie, Richie, Mike, Stan, and Ben, sitting quietly while they debated over some pity point like Batman vs Superman (you weren't listening, you knew it was pointless), you stood up abruptly, gaining the others attention. You began to walk off, without a single word. "Hey, Y/N, where are you going?" Stan asked, confused. You ignored him, and jumped on your bike, riding over to Bill's house. The others stood there for a moment, pondering what just happened, before shrugging and returning to their heated debate.

You quickly disposed of your bike on Bill's lawn, running up to the door while your mind was still set on talking to him. You were sure if you waited, you would think it through and decide against it, so you were hurrying before your logic kicked in. You knocked twice, sucking in a breath. You already regretted your decision, and debated on running, but it was too late. The door swung open, revealing your best friend, (who happened to be the person you were madly in love with), and your heart skipped a beat.

It sunk though, once he'd fully opened the door and you saw the redness of his eyes and flushed cheeks. He'd been crying. "Bill?" You asked, gently. Bill didn't need to say anything else, he only opened the door, knowing the inevitable conversation that was to come. You followed him inside, you both sitting down on the couch in his living room. You paused before asking your question. "Are you okay?" You knew the answer, but it would (hopefully) get him to tell you on his own. "I m-m-miss her." He said, his voice laced with sadness.

It hurt you to see him this way. You wanted nothing more than to be the girl he was referring to, but as everyone always makes a point to day; life isn't fair. You walked over to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. You pulled him closer to your chest, and instinctively, he wrapped his arms around your torso and cried into your shirt. You sat in silence for a moment, before whispering "I miss her too."

Bill didn't say anything, only squeezing you tighter. "But I miss you too, Billie." You said quietly, but in the silence engulfing the living room of the Denbrough house, Bill heard you crystal clear. "W-w-what d-do you m-mean? I-I'm r-ri-right here?" Bill questioned, and you smiled at the boy sadly, using your sleeve to ever so carefully wipe tears off his flushed cheeks. You almost blushed from the closeness of your faces; but you composed yourself. You were here for Bill, and right now he was your priority.

"Bill, you've been avoiding us for months. Don't you think we've noticed all the excuses to bail on our hangout days, or even the smaller things, for example; you think I haven't noticed you ditching even just our usual walk home together?" You said, concerned. He stayed quiet.

He hadn't meant to bail so much; it was just easier, he supposed, to stay away from everyone who reminded him of Bev. "And Bill?" You said, looking into his watery, sparkling eyes. "If you think losing Beverly was hard, think of how hard it was for me to lose both of you."

He tensed. You smiled, but there wasn't anything happy about it. "Y-Y-N, I-" He stuttered, and you shook your head. "It's okay, Bill." "Don't say that! It's not okay! I know it's not okay, I ignored you!" You were shocked; he didn't stutter once. "I-I-I hurt my b-b-best friend, because I-I-I'm fre-freaking sel-selfish!" You sighed under your breath at the title, but you reminded yourself; you'd rather be a best friend than nothing to him at all.

"Bill.." "What? It's true." "Honestly, yeah, it is. I get losing Beverly is hard. I can't speak fully for her, but I'm sure if she were here, the last thing she'd want is for you to hurt yourself even more by shutting us all out." You told him, placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. Bill processed your words.

You were right, as usual. You were there for him when no one else cared to see if he was alright, as usual. Slowly, he pieced together how much you meant to him.
Without much thought, he leaned forward, capturing your lips in a passionate kiss. It took you by surprise, and your eyes blew wide. He pulled away quickly, cheeks flushed. He opened his mouth to say something, (most likely to stutter an apology), but you pulled him back into another kiss. If it was a spur of the moment thing, you didn't know, but even if it was, you were going to enjoy it.

You both pulled away, looking eachother in the eyes, not daring to look away. "I like you, Bill." You whispered, it was now or never. "I-I-I think I-I li-li-like you t-too, y/n." He stuttered, and you lit up. It wasn't exactly reassuring, but you understood he still needed time to move on from Beverly. "I'll gladly wait." You whispered, leaning your head on his shoulder.

You two sat in a comfortable silence, before you spoke again. "You'll come back to the group, right? I don't think I can handle anymore Batman vs Superman nonsense. Those boys could argue about it for hours, and I don't care!" Bill laughed, and nodded. "Right, I-I-I'll settle it. Su-Su-Superman all the w-way, t-though, Ba-Ba-Batman m-might be a-able to, I-if.." "BILL!"