Bill Denbrough x Sister// It's Your Fault

You and your brother stood with the rest of the Losers, watching as Mrs. K drove away with Eddie in the passengers seat. You saw the sad look on his face and felt guilty for dragging him into this.

"I'm leaving."

You all turned around to see Richie walking towards his bike.

"W-what do you mean yuh-yuh-you're leavening?"

"It means I'm leaving! I don't want to die Bill!"

"We made a p-promise! We know where IT l-lives and n-next time, we'll be buh-buh-better prepared!"

"There is no next time Bill! Eddie almost got fucking killed and look at this motherfucker!" Richie gestured towards Ben. "He's leaking hamburger helper!"

"No offense Bill," Richie continued, pushing up his glasses. "I don't want to end up dead like Georgie."

"T-t-take it back!" Your younger brother roared. He took a step forward and shoved Ritchie, only to be shoved back.

"Hey!" You yelled, getting in between them. "Knock it off!"

"Richie," you said, looking at the boy with broken glasses. "Don't you dare say that while in front of me."

He looked down.

"And Bill. You need to calm down. This isn't easy for any of us, you can't expect us to be okay after what just happened!"

Bill looked at you with wide eyes.

"You can't s-say anything! It's your fault G-G-Georgie's dead! You were supposed to b-be watching him! It's all your fault!"

You felt the world freeze as soon as the words left his lips. Immediately, flashbacks of your parents yelling at you rushed back into your brain.

"It's your fault!"

"You're supposed to be the responsible one!"

"I wish you were gone instead of him!"

Your eyes filled with tears and you felt your knees go weak. Everyone was oddly silent, staring at you and Bill with wide eyes. Bill's face held no regret, and you've never seen him so angry.

Unlike every other time someone had made you angry, you had nothing to say. If your own brother though it was your fault, then maybe it really was.

You stepped back and met each of the losers eyes. They all seemed exhausted and worried at the same time. Turning around, you bumped into Richie on your way to your bike.

"(Y/n)," he called.

You payed no attention to him as you grabbed your old bike and got onto it, wiping away the tears that streamed down your face. You began to pedal away, not looking back even as the losers yelled your name.

You rode all the way home, vision blurry from the tears. As soon as you got to the house, you left your bike in the front and ran inside and up to your room, slamming the door. Your parents weren't even home, so it didn't matter how loud it was.

Not long after you had disappeared, the rest of the Losers soon dispersed, leaving Bill and Beverly alone.

"I've got to go," she whispered to him, walking over to her bike and leaving.

Bill stood alone on the sidewalk, trying to understand what just happened. All he could remember was the screaming, and the pushing and you and-

Bill realized what he did. He had yelled at you, blaming Georgie's death on you. He should've never done that, no matter how angry or sad he was. Hopping onto his bike, Bill began to hurry home, the only thought on his mind was you.

As soon as he got home, Bill noticed your bike tossed carelessly onto the ground. You had obviously been in a rush. Walking inside, he realized how quite it was, besides a noise coming from upstairs. Slowly walking up the steps, it dawned on him that the noise was the sound of your cry. He carefully stepped closer to your door and was about to open when he heard you speak.

"It's all my fault."

Bill felt his heart shatter at your harsh sobs and immediately flung open the door, surprising you. You looked up at him, your eyes red and puffy, tear marks on your face.

"What do you want?" He heard you whisper.

"I-I'm sorry," he stuttered out.

You stared blankly at him.

"You shouldn't be sorry Bill. It is my fault. I was supposed to be looking after him, but instead I got distracted and now Georgie's gone and mom and dad won't even look at us-" your sobs were cut off when Bill threw his arms around you.

"No! It's not your f-f-fault! You didn't mean to g-guh-get dirstracted and you tried your b-best to find him!"

You buried your face into Bill's shoulder, crying.

"I'm so sorry," you whispered once your crying had seized.

Your brother shook his head.

"D-don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I sh-should be the one to say s-s-sorry. I never should have y-yelled at you."

You watched as his eyes got slightly watery. You leaned in and wrapped him in a hug, leaning against the frame of your bed.

"It's none of our faults. How about that?"

You felt Bill nod his head and began to run your hands through his hair, humming a soft song. Eventually, he began to fall asleep on your bed.

"I love you," he whispered.

You smiled and leaned down, giving him a small kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too Billy."