Taking Care Of You // henry

You were late, it wasn't the first time this happened, it still stressed you out every god damn time. More than that, first period was english and you couldn't stand that bitch. She always asked for the students opinions just to put them down afterwards and you weren't the kind of person to keep your mouth shut about this stuff.

You were hurrying down the hallway. 20 minutes late. She would rip your head off.

You almost arrived at the door to hell when you bumped into someone.

The moment you realized who it was you almost had a heartattack. Out of all people you just had to cross Henry Bower's path. What a lucky day.

You knew he was an asshole, always bullying the weak and not being a decent human being in general. He didn't pick on you as much, you kept a low profile but something strange had happened a few times.

One time, as you walked down the empty hall, he just appeared out of nowhere, pushing you against a locker, casually flipping his knife in one hand.

"Hey (Y/N), you got any lunch money?"

You almost laughed

"We're not in 5th grade anymore Bowers, you really think I spend the money I get on food? Come on"

He looked at you dumbfounded. Henry didn't expect you to talk back.

You were surprised at yourself that you were even able to say anything at all. Yes, Bowers was definitely an asshole but he had something about him that gave you a weird feeling in your stomach. You wouldn't have called it attraction back than, but by now you knew that that was what you felt.

"Well uh...what did you buy?" He asked and for a second it seemed like he was genuinely interested in what you had to say.

"Cigarettes, why?" He didn't even look that scary in that moment. His face was relaxed and that was when it occurred to you that Henry Bowers was actually a pretty good looking guy. You tried not to blush and miserably failed.

"Give 'em to me"

"No, fuck off I won't!"

"Wasn't I clear enough? I want something from you and that something being your god damn cigarettes!"

You didn't reply and chose that it was for your best to just go along with whatever the fuck he wanted. Deep down you wanted to comply, you wanted to give him what he needed.

You were sure that deep down underneath all that bad boy image, Henry could be a sweet guy but sadly he had the unfortune to be the son of Butch Bowers, who had made him into what he was now.

He took the cigarettes from you. When he left he turned around to get a last look of you and you could swear he winked at you.

Right now he was looking at you, surprised that he wasn't the only one who was not in class.

"Hey (Y/N) what are you doing here?"

Fuck, if he was going to ask you for money again you would have a problem, this time you didn't have anything to offer to him.

But he didn't.

"I uh I'm late..."

"What class do you have?"

Why was he being so nice?

"English"

"I think we have the same teacher, the one that looks like she's been lying dead in the water for weeks?"

You laughed, it was a weird comparison but you knew exactly what he meant.

"Yeah that one"

"What a bitch, I hate her so much, always giving me shit for stuff I didn't do...do you really wanna go to that class?"