Stan

Most people either were friends with me, or they weren't. There were very few people in the middle of this venn diagram of my peers, yet, Stanley Uris had decided to place himself right in the middle of it, completely throwing of the balance. Personally, I had no problem with Stan, he was decently attractive and had the sarcastic humor which added to his personality, but he, for some reason, had an issue with me. It could be the fact that we seemed to be in a competition over grades that he initiated, or the fact that one spring day I jumped into his friend group, now known as The Losers Club.
But in no way did I truly dislike the Jewish boy. I found it humorous when he made short comments back about Richie's trashmouth and somewhat endearing when he asked me about my grade or how much I studied the previous night. At the same time, I hated being a part of his competition or his snarky attitude towards everything I did. So I did my best to leave him be and not interact to much with him, but he was always there.
It was a nice saturday afternoon as our group of friends peddled in the direction of the quarry to go for a dip on this warm day.
I was riding alongside Beverly and just having girl talk that we rarely get to partake in, "So then, I heard that-"
"Look at those two, talking about the latest girly gossip. What are you two even going on about now? Who has the longest picke out of all the members of New Kids On The Block?" Richie chuckled and earned plenty of eye rolls from the group.
"Beep beep, Richie. Besides what do you care about what we're talking about? You're just jealous your not the subject of the conversation," Beverly threw a look over at Richie which I got a laugh out of.
And that's when things took a turn for the worst when Stan spoke up, "just ignore them Richie. They're probably discussing what color to paint their nails or who's the cutest boy in The Breakfast Club. Just weird girly shit like that."
"Actually, asshat, we were discussing about going the see The Silence of the Lambs since you'd probably be too chicken to sit through it," I said, rolling my own, "you don't have to be such a jerk!"
A few minutes later, we reached the quarry and while the rest of the group let their bikes fall to the ground as they began to strip down to either swimsuits or undergarments, I propped my against an oak tree since I had no kickstand on my bike.
"Could you be any slower?" I heard his voice come from behind me. I quickly turned to see Stan letting down his kickstand so that his bike wouldn't get dirty.
"It seems to me that you're taking longer than I did," I replied, rolling my eyes as I began to strip down to my two piece bathing suit since I didn't enjoy the feeling of wet underwear on my skin, "and you don't have to stare like a stalker while I get undress."
I didn't even have to look at him to know that his cheeks were probably flushed bright pink and smoke would practically be pouring out of his ears.
Stan went to open his mouth as to respond except Beverly quickly marched over to us, giving us both a rather harsh glare, "would you two stop bickering for, I don't know, three minutes? We all know you both have been pinning after each other for months now."
"Stan and me! No! Never!" I spoke quickly so that maybe my friend's would disregard the blush on my cheeks and I could pass it off as anger, "he despises me! He annoys me!"
"She's too uptight and always bitching about-"
"Oh, so I'm uptight and always bitching huh?"
"Yeah, yeah you are always bitching at me!" He replied stepping closer to me.
"Yeah, I bitch at you because you're always bitching at me!" I drove my finger into his chest. I could see Bev and Bill out of the corner of my eye, waiting for a sign to intervene, "you always bitch about how I dress or how i don't act girly enough or bitch about me not acting girly! You make bitchy comments at me or about me all the damn time! Face it, Stan. All you do is bitch, bitch , bitch-"
He took my wrist in his hand and backed me up against the oak tree behind up, "If you're going to keep running your mouth like that, i can think of a few ways to make you shut up."
I took a step even closer, if even possible, getting in his face, "what? Are you gonna bitch at me some more?"
Before I could process my words, much less my actions, Stan pressed his lips against mine to which I quickly kissed him back with as much ferocity as he gave into the kiss. Yet soon enough we pulled away, both at a loss for words as Stan's cheeks began to turn beet red and mine cheeks probably matched in color.
"Fucking finally! We've been waiting for you two to kiss or something for ages!" Richie spoke up from behind Bill and Beverly, "(Y/N), I can't wait till tell you how much Stan talks about you when you're not around, at least all the good things."
"Does that mean I get to show Stan all the little love letters and poems that (Y/N) wrote in her school note book to give Stan?" Eddie commenteed and elbowed Richie. They both laughed as Stan and I stood next to each other, faces flustered, and holding hands.