This is a parent x reader bill is your dad

THIS IS A BILL DENBROUGH X DAUGHTER!READER, NOT A ROMANTIC IMAGINE.
-
The room you found yourself in was dark; so dark it was impossible to see anything, especially with your ridiculously small height. You spun in a quick circle, glancing around. Absolutely nothing. You were completely alone, without a single sign of life, or a sign of anything, for that matter. "Hello?" You called, your voice echoing of what you assumed were the walls of the room- you couldn't even bring your sight to focus enough to even get an idea of where they may be, but you figured there must be some.
"Hello there, Y/N." A voice sounded from behind your line of vision. Your tiny frame turned around, spinning on the ball of your foot to locate the source of the voice. Out of the darkness, you could hardly make out anything a moment ago; but somehow, you could easily see a bright red balloon.

Your eyes followed the tip of the string, and there was something holding onto it, with a tight grip. You squinted in attempt to see the figure holding it, but you couldn't make it out. Running towards it, you came face to face with a leg. It was a person, for sure.
The figure bent down, leaning so it was face to face with you. "Want a balloon?" He asked, and you smiled brightly. It was only a clown, and your friend who'd been to the circus told you all about the nice and funny clowns.

Nodding, your smile grew almost as big as the one painted on the clown's face. Reaching up to grab the balloon, you pushed yourself up onto your tippy-toes and made grabby motions with your small hands. As the clown lowered his arm, a scream ripped through the air as his head turned and bit your arm.
Bill groaned, peeling open his eyes at the sudden noise. He struggled to register what was happening, not yet fully aware and awake. Turning to turn off his alarm, he furrowed his brows in confusion when he saw the time was 4am. "What the hell?" He whispered, squinting. He rolled over in his bed to ask his wife what was happening, and upon seeing the empty spot in his bed, he frowned. He slowly blinked in realization and rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up a bit more. His wife was out on a friends' trip, and she wouldn't be home until next week. He was confused; if his wife hadn't woken him up, what had?

Another scream pierced the air, and Bill's eyes blew wide. He recognized the scream, how could he not? Without hesitation, he scrambled out of bed, throwing his bedroom door open, not bothering to be quiet. Running down the hallway, he quickly fumbled with the doorknob of the room separating him and the source of the piercing sound. "Come on." He muttered, annoyed. He finally managed the door open, only to walk into a sight that made his heart crack in half.
There you were, his precious, 6-year-old daughter, screaming and kicking in your bed sheets. "STOP!" Your high-pitch voice bounced off the small room's walls, and Bill's heart broke even more. He quickly ran over, scanning your tiny frame with concern. Upon realizing you were asleep and having a bad dream, he gently shook you awake. "Princess?" He whispered, pleading quietly for you to wake up. He couldn't bear seeing his little girl suffering, you meant everything to him.

After another moment of screaming and kicking, you finally were pulled out of your torturing dream and forced yourself to peel your heavy eyelids open. The room was dark, but there was an obvious figure in front of you, making you scream again. "Shh, honey, it's just me. It's daddy." He whispered, and you quieted, looking up at him through your blurred eyes. When your sight finally adjusted, you launched yourself into your father's arms and squeezed as tight as your little frame would allow. The tears that had stopped momentarily began tumbling down your cheeks once again, and you began to sob.
"Daddy, it was so scary!" You cried. Bill held you close, rubbing your back soothingly as you buried your head in the crook of his neck.

"It's okay, princess. I'm here." He whispered, over and over. You'd already soaked through the shoulder of his pajama shirt; not that he minded in the slightest, but it hurt knowing he could do nothing but wait for his little girl to calm down- instead of being able to magically erase all her problems, all her could do was offer her support and as much comfort as possible.. and he planned on doing so for as long as you needed him to.

As your crying slowed to nothing but sniffling, Bill's tense body slowly began to relax along with your death grip on him, and he continued to rub your back and whisper calming things into your ear. He gently pulled back, pull you onto his lap and smiling softly as he tucked a piece of your hair being your ear. "What happened, princess?" "T-There was a cl-l-lown, and.." As you began to explain your horrific memory, you used your hands and arms to make big gestures, which despite the situation, Bill thought was adorable.

You were near tears at the end of your story, and Bill smiled reassuringly. "Well, Daddy is here now, princess, and I promise you, no scary clowns will get you while I'm here." He whispered, pressing a quick kiss to your forehead. You smiled too, hugging him tightly. "Thank you, daddy. I love you." You said, Bill's heart swelling at your words. He'd never get over you saying it to him. "I love you too, princess. Try and get some sleep." He went to tuck you back in, but you quickly shook your head and crawled out of bed.

"Can I stay with you tonight, daddy? I'm scared.." You whispered, and your father smiled. "Of course, sweetie." He swiftly picked you up bridal style, making you giggle. He ran you both over to his room, tossing you (at a safe distance) onto his bed playfully. He didn't even bother to change his shirt, he simply slid into the bed and you immediately curled into his chest. As you quickly drifted into a deep sleep, you mumbled the barely audible words "Goodnight, daddy."

Bill smiled fondly looking down at your precious figure, wrapping an arm around you protectively as he whispered back a quiet "Night, Princess", closing his eyes and letting sleep engulf him, his final thought being nothing but grateful for your existence.