You can't be serious // ritchie

Being Stan Uris' sister had its up and downs. A pro was his kindness. He was always ready to help with anything Y/N needed and hop to Y/N'd defence whenever necessary. A con, he was Richie Toziers best friend. That was a sticky situation considering the fact Y/N had been dating the loud mouth for almost a year now. It was a rather awkward situation which consisted of a lot of eye rolls and warning glares on Stans behalf, and a hell of a lot of passive 'compliments' on Richie's behalf.

Really, Y/N thought it would be much easier than this. She had assumed Stan would welcome Richie with open arms as he was his best friend, but.. Stan knew Richie. He knew his ways and his dirty mind, and he knew he was just going to use Y/N like an old sweater. Stan hated the idea of his sister, teary eyed, locked up in the bathroom and crying her eyes out over Trashmouth Tozier.

It all seemed too surreal to Stan, and even more surreal to Y/N, who desperately wanted her boyfriend and brother to get along well with each other while she was in the room. It was like Richie and Stan were having an eternal staring contest. She hated it.

Today in particular, Stan was in a nasty mood. His father had gotten annoyed at him over something small and stupid, and he had come face to face with that horrendous painting, as he did most days. It was truly awful and Richie was just making it worse.

They sat in Bill's garage, chatting and joking before Richie started passing comments along about Y/N. The type of comments that don't sit well with protective older brothers, and he was more than just pissed by now. He was really just about ready to punch Richie so hard he would see next thursday and back again.

"Look Richie, I don't know if it's because you're an idiot or because you just don't know how to stop talking, but that's still my sister. Stop talking about her like that." Stan had warning, cracking his knuckles and running his tongue over the back on his tooth in an attempt to distract himself.

But Richie didn't take the warning, still passing comments about Y/N, whom he referred to as 'his sexy piece of ass' much to Stans disliking. Stan was sick of it, he stood up from his seat and ignored the voices of Ben, Bev, and Mike trying to get him to sit back down again. This time it was too far.

Before Stan actually got the chance to give Richie a swift punch the door opened to the garage and Y/N peeped her head in, going unnoticed by most of the group, spare Bill who waved a little and returned to watching the argument.

"Stan! Seriously! I'm in love with her!" Richie exclaimed, much to Y/N's surprise. In the space of that year they had never said they loved each other aloud and really Y/N was rather taken back by Richie's words. Even Stan stopped in his tracks after Richie announced that, they watched eachother for a moment.

"You love me?" Y/N spoke quietly, causing Stan and Richie to swiftly turn their attention to her with mouths agape.

"I love you." Both Y/N and Richie said in unison, causing the two to laugh slightly at their like mindedness.

It took another day before Stan realised that he couldn't protect Y/N from everything, that she had to learn from mistakes, even if she insisted Richie wouldn't be a mistake, he accepted it. Rather glad to be able to sit down in the living room with Y/N and Richie and not want to rip out his hair.