cheesy //stan uris + bev marsh

"well kids, it's time for the annual project and this year its marriage," mister graham's voice boomed throughout the cramped classroom. "pick a partner and decide who'll be the husband and wife and please pick people you'll actually get some work done with."
stanley uris did not want to do this project. he barely spoke with anybody and god forbid he had to socialize, much less marry another person! the only girl stan would consider getting close to is beverly marsh.
she wasn't considered the prettiest of all the girls in school or the most popular, at that. no she wasn't and that's why stan was so drawn to her, she was different from all the other stuck-up airheads the school had to offer.
stan scanned the room for beverly and they just so happened to lock eyes. beverly grinned and skipped over to stan's desk.
"hey, wanna be partners?" she asked, tilting her head to the side a bit. stan swallowed his spit and took his breath. a pretty girl is right in front of him, what should he say?
"sure," he let out, his voice shaky. really stan? sure? idiot.
"great, i'll be the husband and you'll be the wife," beverly smirked.
"i'm the wife?" stan asked and beverly raised her eyebrows. "yeah, what you going to say about it?"
stan felt his neck get hot, "uh, i was going to say that i'm totally okay with it!"
beverly put her smile back on, "great!"
mister graham called for the class' attention, "does everyone have a partner? great, here's the rubric of the project and i do want a daily log of what you've done for your spouse, you know for credibility."
"and ideas for his own wife," stan muttered, causing beverly to laugh. stan has never heard a sound more melodic.
"good one, stan," she laughed, wiping away a fake tear.
"uris! marsh!" mister graham barked causing the pair to bump heads as they snapped their attention to the man in front. "what's so funny back there?"
"nothing!" they chorused and giggled.
stan left a daisy on bev's desk, a note attached to the stem.
"i'm being a good wife."
beverly smiled when she read it and turned to look at stan, who was blushing like a bride on the other side of the room. when he saw her look, he tried to look all tough but he really just looked like a dork.
beverly placed the flower in her backpack, letting the actual flower part, petals and such, stick out.
bev couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole school day, she felt lucky. lucky to have such a sweet partner like stan.
at lunch the next day, greta bowie got a face full of lunch spaghetti blown up in her face, making her the laughing stock of the day. she screamed and ran out the door.
bev walked over to where stan was sitting, laughing her butt off.
"that was hilarious! serves the bitch right," bev sighed and sat down across stan. "i wonder who did that."
stan smirked and winked at richie who was sitting at the table next to his and bev caught it and gasped. "you didn't!"
"i heard greta called you a slut so, payback's a bitch when you have a tozier as your friend."
beverly started to laugh even more and bang the table vigorously with her hand, "stanley uris, you are my new favorite person!"
stan felt a butterfly flutter in his stomach, he swore it.
"stan, why are you giving me your pencils?" beverly asks, reluctantly accepting the bunch of pencils stan handed to her.
"well, i heard you like yellow so i gave you all my yellow pencils," stan smiled and bev laughed at how cheesy and stupid it was but she loved it either way.
"you do know that the husband should get the wife gifts, right?" beverly raised her eyebrows, a smile still etched on her face.
"it can be both ways too, bev!" stan protested and crossed his arms in defense.
"okay, okay, i'm just saying," bev tapped her nails on the wooden desk. "let me do something for you because you've been so nice to me."
stan smiled and felt heat climb its way up his neck and face, "okay."
"awesome, you'll love it!" beverly beamed and walked away, a little skip in her step and stan watched her walk away and sighed in content. she's so beautiful.
"stan the man! stop looking at her ass!" richie fucking tozier shouted from across the hall and if looks could kill, he'd be killed by stan.
"richie, shut up!"
"here you go!" beverly sang and placed a red, wrapped box atop of stan's desk. stan looked at it in confusion and slid it around and around, thoroughly inspecting it.
"what is it?" stan asked, looking up at beverly.
"open it!"
"okay," stan pulled the ribbon, watching it unravel before him and slowly tearing off the red wrapping paper, adorned with snowflakes. once he looked at the front of the box, he started to squeal but he quickly shut up and cleared his throat. "these are the newest pair of binoculars that came out! they're so expensive, how did you get them?"
bev sat on his desk and crossed her legs, leaning back on her arms, "i heard you liked bird-watching so i bought you binoculars."
"thank you!" stan wrapped bev in a big hug before slowly pulling away and bev just pushed her lips against his and stanley uris fucking froze before kissing back, albeit the loud bells going off in his head.
bev is kissing me! beverly marsh is kissing me, stanley uris! holy shit!
bev pulled away and bit the corner of her lip, "see you later, my dear wife." she winked at stan and walked over to her friends who started to squeal. stan couldn't stop touching his lips or the pair of binoculars.
the boy got kissed and he had a stupid, toothy grin on his face.
a bit cheesy, don't you say?