Crush#1 Childhood Sweetheart

"I am glad that I found you on the first page of the book of my life"

Kuhu's POV
Age: 5 years old.

Dear Diary,

I made a new friend today!!!!!! He is sooo intelligent I tell you!

Its (1 2 3 4 5...... What did mommy tell me about small hand in a clock?) some time ago I came home from school. It was a good day. I drew a balloon and coloured it with my crayon. Mommy made 2 ponytails today and I wore a frock today as it was a "free dress day". No uniforms for today.

I wore red frock and Priya wore the pink one. So we decided that we should sit together. Our colours were almost same. Our teacher Lakshmi Ma'am  came to the class. And she brought a new boy. He looked soooo cute.  He had curly hair and wore a red tshirt and blue dungaree.

He was kind of sucking his thumb when Ma'am was giving his introduction. She asked him to come forward and say his name himself.

He came forward, put his hands in his pocket and said with a shy smile "Hello everybody. I am Manan." We all shouted "Hi Manan" to which he smiled and looked at the teacher.

Lakshmi Ma'am made him sit on my bench with me in the middle and Priya and Manan at my side.

Manan sat on my bench and asked us. "Will you be my friends?" . He was wearing red. Matching matching. So okay.

But Priya was doubtful. She whispered into my ears "why should we make him our friend?"

"I have two lollipops and two Pikachu stickers" said Manan as he overhead our conversation. Priya was happy instantly. Manan promised us that he would bring it tomorrow.

I was drawing a balloon but no full circle. And you know what Manan did? He took his bottle cap and drew a circle. And then I drew a string and made the balloon picture. He is sooooooo intelligent!!

I wanted to colour it red because of my red dress but Manan said that blue is better colour because it blue. Priya wanted it pink just like her pink dress. So after a lot of thought, Manan came up with a genius idea.

"Let's do inkey pinkey ponkey!"

So we kept a Blue, Red and Pink colour crayon and Priya started singing !

"Inkey pinkey pinkey father is a donkey!"

Manan and I giggled.

"Stupid it's not like that. It's like this. Inkey Pinkey Ponkey father has a donkey" said Manan. (I told you , he is so intelligent)

I have asked Manan to come to my house to play hide and seek  and eat cake with us. Priya is mad at me for inviting him. But mommy said that it's okay. She would bake extra cake for him. Mommy is soooo sweet.

Pinky has asked Manan to bring two lollipops and pikachu stickers. Else we would not allow him to come inside our secret tent that we have built in my room.

And you know about my classmate Rohan? He pulled my ponytail today. And called me monkey.

I told him that he is donkey. Manan started singing
"Inkey pinky ponkey Rohan is a   Donkey"

Rohan had a runny nose. Teacher entered the class and saw him. And scolded him for not bringing his hanky.

Manan told Rohan that he would lend him his special  Tom and Jerry picture handkerchief if Rohan gives him two stickers of pikachu and two lollipops.

During the recess time I saw Rohan with a Tom and Jerry Hankey, proudly wiping his nose in front of everyone. My classmate Pihu was impressed by Rohan and the hankey.

Manan has promised me that he would call me with his mommy's phone. I told him that I don't remember my mommy's phone number. So he said that he would first call my mommy and then ask for the number and then he would call me. He is sooo intelligent I tell you.

I am waiting for him to come home. Priya is already at home. She too is waiting for her sticker and lollipop.

Papa gave me 5 rupee coin to put it inside my gullack (gullack is a piggy bank made up of clay with a small hole to insert coins)