Bonus Chapter 1: Wedding Frenzy (Part 1)

Heya friends!!! I thought about adding a bonus chapter to give this book a little touch:) enjoy

Kuhu's POV

"We don't know yet the destination of the wedding of the Cricket powerhouse Manan... yet we will be first to report you. Till then, stay tuned to our channel!" Claimed the reporter of a well known news channel.

Somehow the news of our marriage got leaked in the media inspite of us trying to keep it down.

You see, proposing him in front of the world was different and getting married in front of the world is definitely different. It's because it's long (compared to our 10-15 minute proposal stint) and there's always a pressure to look good in front of the media. Which eradicates the element of the joy that is experienced when marriage takes place.

So we decided to have a small wedding. Consisting only of our close relatives and closest friends. We didn't even bothered to hire photographer (Kabir insisted that he would bring his DSLR to record it), decoration people (my mum and the other members of the family took charge of the decoration of the terrace of Manan's Penthouse) whereas Manan's family took charge of food arrangements (his mum insisted on cooking the food herself with the help of his aunts.)

My friend Priya is expert in Mehandi and makeup so that was sorted out. My brother Neet and my friends Aarav, Nishchay, Neelay and Naimesh promised to drop early and volunteer with music and other arrangements.

So everything was set. As a part of our plan, in order not to get our wedding cards leaked, we contacted a digital e card maker to make a beautiful wedding e card with great animations. I guess that's where we made mistake. Like I feared, he must have informed the press about our marriage. Thankfully he didn't know about the venue (because we didn't feel like adding that in our card. The small list of guests knew that it was supposed to take place at Manan's house)

So the press was busy. Trying to figure out where our wedding was gonna be held. Since the news got leaked just before one day of our marriage, Manan, as shrew as he is, decided to have some fun. And to my horror, Kabir encouraged the idea.

Kabir, somehow leaked the news (whilst staying anonymous )that our marriage was going to take place in a very well reputed banquet that was situated outside our city. Destination wedding midst of the nature is not new so everyone bought that idea.

While the news channels were busy fighting and claiming who got the news of the destination first, Manan booked the hotel that was tauted as our wedding destination.

To make the make the matters easier, the manager of the hotel agreed to give confirmation to the media that we had indeed paid the advance to book the hotel. (Which we had).

So while the whole lot of channels were busy hounding the hotel, we all were busy since the morning to make it a simple and sweet wedding. Manan and I had something in common. We both loved to keep our families super close and have only a small bunch of people who were close friends. Those 3Am friends who would always stay in touch and be with you in all the phases of life. That's it. So keeping a small wedding with the most special ones served the purpose.

Shobha (Nishchay's fiancé ) and Sneha (Aarav's Fiancé) were both in charge of my Jewellary and bridal attire. Luckily Shobha's best friend was a fashion designer who  designed a beautiful wedding attire for me and vowed to keep it a secret.

Angad (Manan's Team Caption) was already in touch with the cake designers who agreed to deliver the cake on time. However Angad was smart enough to get it delivered in his own house and he ordered a simple and  elegant 3 tier cake and didn't ask the designer to write anything on it (so that the designer won't get any idea about the purpose of the cake). His wife (and now a very good friend of mine) Janki later wrote on the cake "Congratulations for the beautiful life ahead" with the cream.

I believe that plucking flower means taking out life out of the living being. It is because they are dead. So when you gift flower to someone, technically you are gifting a dead body to someone. (they look better when they are uncut and blooming on the plant/tree rather than decorated in a vase). So the decoration wasn't done with flowers.

Instead the terrace was beautifully decorated with Diyas, candles and lights.

What made the whole thing interesting was that almost everything was done by people who loved us and were closed to us

What made the whole thing interesting was that almost everything was done by people who loved us and were closed to us. They all worked so hard and decorated and arranged lovingly. Priya was coordinating the whole event. She chose the format and made everyone understand their tasks.

I wondered if anything was going on between Kabir and Priya. Maybe because both had almost same temperaments. Both were equally naughty yet mature in their own way.

If they both get hitched, maybe I would be the happiest.

Heya friends pls pls stay updated I will post the second part of this chapter within a day or two!!!!