Crush#3 Touch

Kuhu's POV
Age: 16
Grade: 10th grade

"So you are not angry with me ma'am. Right?" I asked Chaya Ma'am who was our house in charge. Did I forget to tell you? Even teachers were divided into houses. Our house had 6 teachers, each of them brilliant in their own fields.

"No. I am proud of you. You have compassion. You helped someone despite the fact that we are competing with them! I am so proud of you! Everyone knows. All the teachers are proud of you!" She exclaimed.

Which meant that my house seniors and juniors would come to know that I have helped their competitor. Hope they are not angry with me.Oh wait a second,

"Ma'am how did you know that I helped the green house? I didn't tell about it to anyone!" I was confused:

"Actually Kabir came to me yesterday and told me about it. " she smiled.

Now I recall. Kabir is her favourite student because he aces in her subject. Anyways though I didn't need any appreciation, I was glad that no one would blame me.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Kids I have called you here in order to practice for upcoming quiz. I have one proxy lecture so I shall sit with you for the last lecture and remaining 2 lectures, I expect you three to study here. I have taken the permission from the Principal and you guys do not need to cover the last three lectures. Your quiz is after 3 days so for 3 days, I hope you guys won't mind missing any lectures" She explained.

So the last three lectures of the school were officially booked. Kabir and Aansh were upset because for next three days, we were gonna miss our 2 sports lecture. I was more than happy.

"I thought you would be sad to lose your favourite lectures" I asked him when I saw him smiling.

"Nay. I get to spend 3 days with you by my side so it's worth it" he whispered back.

Thankfully Aansh and Ma'am were present with us so his flirtings were limited.

It was the time I discovered thatKabir was right. We both had a fabulous partnership. Ma'am would ask us questions, make us guess the words but it was so easy to complete his unspoken sentence or interpret what he meant. Our ideas matched. And then came brainstorming! Where we were discussing anything under the roof! From Renaissance to White revolution and what not!

"Wow You have such a wide knowledge about everything! I am sure you can be an extraordinary teacher apart from being Doctor!" He Exclaimed after the school ended.

"Wait a sec. who told you I am planning to take a medical field!?" I laughed. Surely he got his info wrong.

"Well I assumed. You wear glasses, you score great in Science exams so... I mean you have a personality of a doctor!" He tried to give an explanation.

"Just because I score good in science doesn't mean that I would choose science right? I also scored highest marks in languages this year. Doesn't mean I shall opt for Arts right? I don't wanna be a doctor. It's not my cup of tea" I smiled.

"Oh! I am planning to go into the medical field so I thought if we both could prepare together. What do you wanna be?" He asked.

"I am planning to go into commerce field. Maybe take Law. But definitely not Doctor. I mean if I see any fresh wound, I almost faint" I came clean.

"He he he don't worry Senorita, I would give you free medical treatments forever in the future" he smiled. And then I dropped the topic. Why to discuss uncertainties and goodbyes.

" so I guess we are gonna be together only for this year. This town is too small. I am planning to shift to the city next year. For my studies." he spoke what I was thinking.

"Actually my father's temporary project ends next year so even I am moving out of town" I Said.

"Let's enjoy this year together while we are still together." He spoke what I wanted to speak. I looked at him and nodded.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"What!" I screamed mentally.

We were in the middle of inter school quiz that was being hosted in my school. The most reputed schools of my state were taking part into it. Me, Kabir and Aansh were representing our school in the English Quiz. Our team was named Team Christmas. The name was just randomly selected by the host.

We were winning by a good margin. And the last round, rapid fire round was pending. The atmosphere around us was electrifying. As we were winning, the whole school was in great mood. Amongst the cheers of the students, the round started.

Now every team was given a buzzer. The team which presses the buzzer first and give the correct answer, gets the score.

The buzzer was kept off table so no one can see it except the team members. Since each buzzer had a unique sound, (ours had a sound of christmas bell), audience could identify which team pressed the buzzer.

So I kept my hand on the buzzer, just in case I know the answer so I could press it before the other team.

"Who is the author of the book Das Kapital ?" The host asked the question.

Suddenly my hand was being pressed by another hand. It was Kabir's hand. So technically my hand was on the buzzer and his hand was on mine. And he pressed the buzzer firmly.

"Yes Team Christmas?"

"Karl Marx" replied Kabir.

"10 points to Team Christmas!" Shouted the over excited host followed by the crowd.

"Let's see who gets the most score in this rapid fire round! " Kabir challenged me amidst the cheers.

"Guys where am I in this?" Asked Aansh. "You can take this challenge too" I smiled. It was like we three were competing within the team.

" which is the longest epic poem ever written?" Asked the host.

Ansh quickly pushed our hands aside from the buzzer and shouted the answer "Mahabharata" . His answer was followed by 10 points and cheers.

"Who said this famous quote ?" was the third question asked. "One man can invent, another can discover!"

Common Crime Books are my jam!

I put my hand on the buzzer followed by Kabir as he pressed mine.

"It's quoted by the character Sherlock Holmes!" I Shouted.

And then I realised. We three were scoring equal.

Next few questions were now known by us. They were answered by the opposite schools. Slowly they were catching up.

"Guys we have to keep up the winning margin let's focus" said Ansh while we heard every word of the host carefully.

"First comedy written by Shakespeare is?" The host asked.

And for a split second I smiled at Kabir and we both pressed the buzzer at the same time! This was read by both of us during the last lecture.

"As you like it" we both said it together.

"And that's the correct answer for the last question of the last round'" announced the over excited host.

However his hand was still on mine. And mine on the buzzer. Thank God no one could see that.Except Aansh. But he was too happy to care!

" With that I declare Team Christmas as the winner of the Inter School quiz competition!" Boomed the host whole the whole school gushed inside the ground... cheering loudly.

That's when Kabir left my hand. When the guys were giving me congratulatory handshakes, he made a face. And I liked it.