Saviour

Kuhu's POV

"Aunty, Uncle I hope you won't mind"

I heard Manan saying that to my parents once I entered to my home from my office. What was he doing here? Wasn't he supposed to meet me after a week?

I looked questioningly towards my brother. My mum explained before he could

"Manan has invited us to see his match." Smiled my mum. It looked like he had convinced my entire family to come.

"And guess what? We can even have VIP stands!" Screamed my brother with joy.

"And access to my team dressing room too" grinned Manan as he looked at me.

I fought to hide the blush creeping on my face. And looked at my father.

"Papa so are we going?" I asked him innocently.

"Definitely we are going. He has invited us personally" Said my dad. He too seemed to be very happy.

So it was all set. We were supposed to go to see his match after 5 days..
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It was the fifth day. I had been waiting for that day since so long. My parents and brother had already reached to the stadium. I was supposed to reach there from my office. Since my vehicle was in the state of breakdown and  Neelay was a huge cricket fan, I had convinced him to let me borrow his car for a day.

When I was driving the car, going towards the stadium, I received Manan's phone which I kept on loudspeaker.

"Hi." He said in husky tone.

"Hi" I replied.

"Where are you right not? Can't wait to meet you." He said urgently.

"Just on the way towards the stadium. Will take me 15-20 minutes" I said.

" can't wait to see you. I want you to meet my team members and my parents. Even they are about to reach here in 20 minutes." He said. His usually restrained voice reflected excitement.

Before I could respond further, he excused himself for having another call.

After a minute or two, I received another call.

"Kuhu, my mum has fallen down from the stairs! I guess I can't play this match now. I am going to home!" He almost Shouted. His voice sounded panicked.

"Okay. Calm down! Take a deep breath" I was trying to calm him down.

"What the heck will happen if I take deep breaths!" He Shouted back. The match was about to start in an hour.

"Okay. I am going to your home. If anything is serious, I would call you and you would come home... otherwise you are not gonna quit this match. Do you understand?!!" I almost scolded him.

"Okay. Go now! Fast! I mean drive carefully. Not to fast that you crash yourself!" He stared blabbering. I knew it was anxiety. He loved his mum.

"I will handle everything. You focus on the other things that are important for your match. Okay?" I Said calmly.

"Okay but stay close to your phone. I shall call you in every 5 minute!" He instructed and I agreed.

I went to his home. I had been to his home when I was a kid. Now every memory was getting fresh. I knocked the door and his father opened it.

"Hello uncle. I am Kuhu. Ummm Manan's friend. He has sent me." I have a rushed introduction. I didn't have time for exchange of greetings. I had imagined meeting his parents since the day we started dating but nothing was close to what I was gonna experiencing.

"Where is aunty?" I asked breathlessly.

Sure enough she was lying near staircase. Trying to get up. I figured if her bones were fractured. She was in deep pain. Uncle told me that he had already called ambulance.

The ambulance came just after me and uncle finished packing for her hospital stay. Since there was a pool of blood on her legs, we both mentally figured out that she might be required for an overnight stay in hospital.

Within half an hour, we admitted her to a nearby hospital. Like promised, Manan called every 5 minute.

Once aunty got admitted, I ensure that there was a video call where Manan almost cried seeing his mum's condition. However aunty assured him that she was okay and he must go on with his match.

"I have no words to thank you. And I am sorry you had to miss this match" he apologised me.

"Oh that's okay. I shall take care of aunty." I assured him.

"Hmmmm" He said. And it made me angry. He would go into his non talkative mode and just say "hmmm" or "ohhh" etc

"What hmmmmm?" I was irritated.

"I was just thinking that it's good that you are learning to take care of your future mother in law. Good I am impressed." He chuckled and cut the phone before I could even think about how to react.