Crush#4 Partnership

Heya friends!!!! I am back from my exams!!!!! So let's get back to the story... we all are confused whether Aarav likes Kuhu or not!!! Let's find out then!!!

Kuhu's POV

"Why the hell are we playing cricket today?" I asked frustrated. It was a public holiday today and yet we were called to work in office.

"Because sir is not gonna come today and all the work is over and we have nothing to do... and guess what? The whole car parking is empty today due to the public holiday. So instead of going home and wasting our half day, let's enjoy by playing cricket!" Said Neelay.

I thought that Aarav would object to the idea. He is the most disciplined one and won't tolerate such rubbish ideas at workplace.

"So who is gonna be the caption?!!!" Shouted Aarav, emerging out of the storeroom, holding his bat!!!

And I facepalmed myself.

It was decided that Aarav and Kuldeep would be team captions. Everyone was picked one by one by both the captions. Neelay was chosen by Aarav and Nimesh was chosen by Kuldeep. The interns of the other office nearby us also joined us. A guy name Sagar was chosen by Kuldeep and Sushil was chosen my Aarav. The other interns of our adjacent office too joined us.

At the end I stood up folding my hands.
"Guys what about me?!!" I wondered if they had deliberately forgotten me.

"You are a kachha Nimbu" (it means a week player who could play for any team but his points won't be considered. It's a term usually for small kids)

I am not a kachha Nimbu!!! I was furious.

"So you know how to play cricket?" Aarav chuckled.

"Ummmn no but I would love to play" I said.

Aarav just rolled his eyes but smiled.
"Kuhu is in my team" he announced but no one cared.

So Kuldeep won the toss and chose to bat first. Now since we were balling, I got the fielding spot where the chances for the incoming for the ball were almost negligible.

I was glad because of two reasons... first, I won't have to run behind that ball. Second... I was not required to stand in sun as that spot had a nice shade. So I was happy.

But luck had different plans for me. Kuldeep, who was an excellent batsman and mistook me to be a terrible fielder. Now I won't blame him because it was true. But luck was in my side. As soon as he aimed for a six, I put my two palms up, posing just for the sake of others to feel that I too was working very hard. But the ball straightaway came into my folded palm. And the main player of the team was out.

The whole team was overjoyed. They came to give me a high five which I returned because for first 5 minutes I had no clue what just happened. When I realised what just happened, I saw Aarav grinning and coming towards me. Aiming for a high five.

But this time I was furious. I mean I just made the opposite team lose their most important player. So he shouldn't have underestimated my talents from the beginning of the game. As a result I made a face to him. Didn't return his high five. He chuckled and went back to his position.

When it was our turn, I realised one thing. Our team had good batsmen but they had better ballers... as per Aarav, it was difficult to even opt for a six or four. Neelay, our last player got out when he tried for a six as his ball was caught by opposition field person.

Now I was the only player who was left to have a partnership with Aarav. The baller was Kuldeep who had been pissing Aarav since last week about the useless need of overtime in office. So Aarav was in full mood to take the revenge.

One thing I had noticed was the Aarav was laughing and chuckling the whole day. He was completely different from the 'serious intern' image that he was projecting in the office. Today he was a carefree person.

"Aao madam aao Apka swagat hai!" (Come madam come... you are most welcome to join me) he teased me while I came on the pitch. I gave him a death glare.

And then something happened as soon as I grabbed the bat. Aarav started laughing while my whole team looked worried.

"You are holding the bat in the wrong position" Said Neelay looking at my confused expression.

"She is a kachha nimbu" chuckled Aarav.

"Okay I am leaving"  I Shouted. If I left the game, the match was over.

"Please don't" Shouted Aarav.

I came back on the pitch, somehow managed to hold the bat right. I mean I had seen players playing on tv a few times but practical application of what is seen on tv is way too different.

Kuldeep balled and I just deflected it without attempting to hit a four or a six. And then me and Aarav ran.

We both didn't try to attempt to hit a four or a six. The only way to finish our target score was to run and get the maximum runs. We had sufficient balls.

Kuldeep was soon frustrated because he wasn't able to get the wicket (ie make us out) and we were easily making 2 runs per balls. I was good at running.

Soon we had to make 3 runs in 4 balls. As the over changed, Aarav tried to give me a high five. I made a face.

So he came close to me, touched my bat with his and winked.

Finally after two balls, we won the match. Others gave me high five and Aarav simply touched my bat with his.
"We did it partner" he smiled.

I finally gave him a smile. "I am not a kachha Nimbu. Admit it"

"No you are not kachha Nimbu. You are the sweetest, strongest and the most compassionate person I have ever met" he smiled and ran towards others to announce that he would give us pizza party.