Childhood Sweetheart (3)

Kuhu's POV

Dear Diary,

I want to learn how to ride a bike. You know what? Me and Priya are going to learn to ride the bike. Mommy said that she would get me a bicycle with back wheels in it.

Manan always comes to school in his bicycle. Because his house is nearby but my house is sooooo far. I have to sit in the school bus.

I told him yesterday that I sit on the last seat of the bus. So today,after the school, when I was sitting on the last seat of the bus, I saw Manan, riding his cycle, following the bus, waving at me. I waved him back and he followed me as far as possible. And then the bus started speeding so he stopped and waived me goodbye.

And then everyday we do this. He would follow my bus in his bicycle till it would speed away and I would waive and shout his name.

Today I went to his house with Priya. I had packed the sandwiches and Priya had brought oranges. We had picnic in his garden.

During the picnic, my sandwich fell from my hands, on the grass. Priya would not share her sandwich with me so Manan shared his sandwich with me. He is soooo soooo sooooo nice. We shared the glass of water also. And he promised me to teach me how to ride the bicycle.

Yesterday when Rohan was pulling my ponytail again, Manan gently punched him on his face. And Rohan's front teeth fell down. And then he hit Manan. And Manan's teeth also broke.

I felt very bad for both of them. I took a cardboard, drew a picture of 🦷 teeth and cut it using my plastic scissors. And then I gave two pictures of Rohan and Manan and asked them to stick them inside their mouth in the place of their old teeth.

Manan was angry with me. He did not like it that I gave teeth piece to Rohan. He did not talk to me for the whole one period.

I told Manan that I brought a Tom and Jerry sticker ,only for him, he did not say anything. He didn't even eat from my lunchbox.

I was very sad today. My best friend is was not talking to me.

I was sitting silently in the bus when Priya asked me to look outside the window. I saw Manan following my bus, waiving at me. And I too waived at him.

He later told me on the phone that he tried sticking the cardboard cut out teeth in the place of his missing teeth but the Fevicol glue isn't working. I assured him to keep on trying. Teacher says that try and try till you succeed.

Manan's mommy told my mommy today that they will be moving to another city. I am vely vely sad. My best friend is leaving the school. Now who would sit with me in my bench? Who would save me from that Donkey Rohan?