Crush#2 Innocent smiles (1)

Kuhu's POV

Age: 9
Class: 4th grade
Year 2002

"Oh humdum suniyo re
Oh janiya suniyo re
Oh janiya shamko khidki se
Chori chori nange paav
Chand aayega "

(Oh partner please listen to me
Oh my love listen to what I say
My love, at the dusk, slowly the moon will visit via its bare feet)

We all were singing this song from the recent movie that had released, during the recess time. We all girls love to play antakshari (an Indian game where people sing songs together)

The bell rang and we all sat into our benches. I and Priya had decided to told a tea party at my place. I was the Snow White and she would be the Cinderella. We are yet to decide who would be the Prince Charming. Rohan said that he wouldn't mind being one. But I asked him to stick with the character of the frog.

And then our math teacher Sarita ma'am entered the class. You know what? Sarita Maam is unable to handle our class. I tell you ,boys are sooo naughty. We girls complain about them to our teachers and boys excuse us to be such a tattletale!

She introduces a guy.

"Class! I want you to meet this guy. His name is Nishchay!"

Nishchay just smiles and waves his hand to the class.

During the whole class, Nishchay raises the hands and gives the answers! He even knows the difference between a square and a parallelogram!!!! Can you believe it!!!! But he rarely speaks anything that is not related to the studies. Just smiles.

"Aww he is sooo cute and shy!" Gasps Priya who sits next to me.

"And he is so intelligent and sincere!" Said Deshna.

I had almost agreed to both of them unless I realised how "sincere" he is!

I saw him poking his pointy compass in Shwet's ass (who was sitting in a bench ahead of his) during the geometry period. I looked at him and was about to complain the teacher when he signalled me to be quiet.

Shwet and Nishchay became  best friends in no time. But now poor Shwet has to tolerate Nishchay's pranks.

Thanks to Nishchay, the whole class is getting spoiled. Yesterday he poured some water in Rohan's bench (when Rohan was out of the class)  and Rohan sat on his bench without checking it.
And then, he was accused of wetting his pants.

I hate this Nishchay. He is spoiling the whole class. I am waiting for the next week where I would be the class monitor. Then would tell ma'am about Nishchay and he would be punished.

By the way, did I tell you that I have received the postcard from Manan?
He has got selected in a cricket team. I am very proud of him. I had known that he was talented since the day he broke the glass of my school's computer lab while batting in Physical Education lecture.

Actually talking on phone is very costly. So we had decided to stick with the postcard. Maybe one day would come when a fairy would come and cast a magic and then we all could see each other on our phones!!!! Wouldn't that be great!!!!

Heya guys!!! I hope you are enjoying this work. I am trying my best to make it relatable for you without any melodrama or sad lines from my part. Your comments are most welcome. Are you enjoying my work? Please let me know what else do you want.