Crush#4: Shy... Open up

Kuhu's POV

"So you are enjoying learning your work?" Asked my boss as I completed a work given by him.

"Yes sir" I nodded.

"So everyone over here is your senior you can learn a lot from them just by observing their work" he suggested.

"That's what I have been doing sir. But" I was about to speak but he cut me off.

"But what?" He asked.

"I wanted to go to warehouse with Neelay, Nimesh and Aarav. But they straight away said no. I mean why can't I accompany them? I wanted to know how do they do stock audit. " I burst out. I felt that Aarav is in the fault. He didn't even hear my explanation and refrained me from going over there.

My boss smiled.

"Actually the warehouse of our client is located in a part of a city where the population isn't that much. Due to close deadlines, we are required to work till late night. The place is deserted at evenings and there are sometimes no modes of transportation over there. Many times criminals and drunkards are reported to roam around that place and carry out illegal activities at night. Since Aarav, Neelay and Nimesh are boys, they aren't at risk but you are. So Aarav was clear that he didn't want to take you to that part of city." Said sir.

Now I got it. Man, I was blaming Aarav without his fault. I felt bad. It was just that I wanted an outdoor assignment so bad. It has been a month and I got very less work than I wanted.

I got out of my Boss's cabin and saw everyone working. I saw a girl going to Aarav's cubical and handing him over a package. She was Rosa, the client's secretary . She was looking beautiful. A week before she came to the office to get the documents and tried to flirt with Aarav but he didn't even said a word. Just handed her the file and went back to his work.

So this time too Aarav just nodded to her, said thanks and went back to his work. I guess he hates girls. Or maybe he is a gay. Or maybe.... he is shy talking to the girls. That girl went out of the office... with a sour face. I get bad for her... and then I felt bad for myself too.

I exited the cabin and went to the Cubical assigned to Aarav. He was still busy doing his project report's Balance Sheet.

I remembered what my boss said, pulled up an vacant chair and sat next to him looking at the computer. He looked at me, questioning my presence.

"Oh don't worry. I won't say a word. I would just observe your work. Won't ask you any questions and won't disturb you. Promise" I told him and again started staring at the screen.

What worst could happen? He would yell at me. But he wouldn't. I wonder if he could talk to girls. Just a wild guess.

He just nodded his head and continued with his work while I observed the computer. And his silky hair. And his dressing sense. He wore formals but had excellent dressing sense.

The fact that he ditched his tie was what I loved about him. I mean it's a useless piece of clothing meant to provide you warmth around your neck. But in a hot country like India, it's useless. A piece of hanging fabric from your neck is useless and unrequired.

I quickly looked back to the computer before he could accuse me of ogling him. He wouldn't accuse me. Because he is scared to talk to girls. And I would take full advantage of it!

There was a pad and a pen on his desk. I wanted to make notes. So I took them without taking his permission, trying not to make even a slightest noise and started scribbling. He won't talk unless it was very very necessary. Again because he was scared to talk to girls.

It went on for an hour. For first twenty minutes, I felt some tension. Because I felt as if I was invading his privacy. But then suddenly things became comfortable. Neither I said anything nor he asked anything.

As he started saving his file, I knew that the work was over. So I got up from my chair and tore the papers from the notepad on which I had written some notes. I quickly put the chair on its initial spot and hurried to get out of his cubical.

Suddenly I heard someone taking a deep breath. And then coughing a little.

"Ummm Kuhu....." He almost whispered.

I looked back into his eyes.

"Yes?" I asked. Afraid if he would ask me not to get into his cubical in future.

"Ummm actually the work is not finished yet...." He stammered But this time his voice was more confident.

"Oh I thought I..." I was giving him explanation but he cut me off

"The excel sheet of financial information is done with but PowerPoint presentation is still pending" he offered.

"Oh.." I said and before he could react, I decided that I wanna be part of this work. Fully.

I grabbed the spare chair again and sat next to him.

He looked at me, nodded and went to his work again. This time, there was a comfortable silence. Which I seemed to enjoy. No useless talks, no formalities. Just working and learning...