Sweet gesture

Kuhu's POV

As soon as the match was over, Aarav just asked me to get my bags so that he could drop me to the airport.

To be frank, the whole team was in celebration mood. They all wanted to party whole night with their family and friends. Some players who were unmarried went ahead to have the tour of the city with their girlfriends. I felt bad for Manan. But my father was strict. He wanted me to reach home in time.

Besides we didn't have any scope of spending time together because if we would do so, we would miss the flight. And my father would be super mad. He had specifically asked Manan to ensure that I reach to my home safe and sound.

We didn't speak to each other throughout the whole way. Manan was busy answering calls of his family and friends who congratulated him for his game. However he is a man of few words. And more actions.

He held my hand throughout the whole way and played my favourite songs once his calls were over and I just enjoyed our comfortable silence.

As soon as we reached to the airport's entrance gate, I wanted to bid him goodbye but to my shock I discovered that he too was holding the ticket of the same flight that I was travelling.

"Aren't you staying here with your team?" I asked shocked.

"Na. I am doing what I have been told. To make sure that you reach to your place safely. I am coming to drop you." He said.

And that was the most nonsensical and illogical statement I had ever heard. I knew he did it so he could spend time with me but hey, he must not sacrifice his celebrations because of me right?

"I don't want you to sacrifice your celebrations with your team. You don't need to go to this extent. My father will come to fetch me from the airport after I reach to my city." I clarified.

He raised his eyebrow and said "I am doing what every teammate of mine is doing."

"What?!"

"Spending time with my family. And you are my family." He said sincerely looking into my eyes.

He called my father to tell him about the time of our arrival and then switched off his phone.

During the whole one hour of waiting process and one hour of being onboard in flight, he kept his phone switched off and ensured that my phone too was on flight mode. And gave me his complete attention.

While I talked about my breakup phase, he told me everything about his struggles, how he managed to train himself and continue his studies when his family was financially suffering, how he missed me and saved my letters and how hard he trains in order to ensure that he stays on the top.

I had no idea how the journey ended because I was so absorbed into him. Manan was never into the habit of making useless small talks. (Unless it was required out of formality) He talked less and whenever he talked more, it was always a deep and meaningful conversation.

As soon as we arrived, he met my father who was waiting for us, touched his feet and went back to purchase the ticket to return back to the city from when we had started our journey.

Before going, he whispered into my ears "Kuhu I want you to meet my parents and rest of my family. We all are having a reunion on this weekend."

"But I have already met your parents" I asked.

"I agree but at that time we all were worried about my mother's health. Besides I didn't introduce you as my girlfriend. You deserve a proper introduction"

Though I simply nodded my head, it occurred to me.
Aren't we going too fast in this relationship? We have just started dating. It's hardly a month.