Nishchay (creates) and solves

Kuhu's POV

As soon as I entered the colony, I faced numerous reporters, standing in front of my door, swarming me with tons of questions.

"Ma'am how does it feel to date the chocolate boy of the Cricket world?"

"Ma'am how did you both meet?"

"Ma'am when will you get married?"

"Ma'am where would you like to go to the honeymoon?"

With every question, my blood boiled. But I kept mum. I guess my life wasn't that personal now. The worst question, however was directed towards Nishchay who was busy shielding me from the crowd.

"Who is this guy? Is he your boyfriend? Does Manan sir know about it?"

To which Nishchay blushed and came front of camera.

"Actually I am her childhood friend. And no I am engaged to the love of my life. (Blushing) Her name is Shobha. (Looking towards the camera) Hi Shobha.... I miss you..(More blushing) (looking towards the reporter)Actually it's a love story and..."

I facepalmed myself. But as soon as he cleared that he was already engaged, reporters left him alone and rushed towards me.

But I was quick enough. I went towards the door of my house, took out the keys (everyone in my family has keys to get inside the house) grabbed the collar of Nishchay and pulled him inside my house and shut the door.

As soon as I entered the living room, I saw Manan sitting with my parents talking about something. Although the atmosphere in the room felt normal, I knew it was the time to face my parents.

Nishchay held my hand as if showing his support. This action didn't go unnoticed by Manan who looked at me questioningly.

Nishchay perhaps sensed the insecurity of Manan and touched the feet of my parents.

He then gave his introduction to Manan.

"Hi." He offered his hand for a handshake.

"I am Nishchay, Kuhu's childhood friend." He smiled.

Manan felt relaxed and gave him a friendly handshake. Both sat next to each other (as if they were friends for years) in such a way that Nishchay was sitting between my father and Manan and and three of looked at me expectedly.

"Yes what do you wanna say about hiding the fact about dating to uncle and aunty?" Asked Nishchay as if he was interrogating me.

And I felt like I wanted to punch Nishchay. What about his talks of offering me the support? I did not bring him home to add fuel in the fire.

"Why are you so quiet. Say something!" Said Nishchay. (As if he was my father)

"Well papa I was going to tell you everything about it" I tried to explain my father.

"When? After everyone in the world came to know about it? Don't you think it's too late. This wasn't expected from you." Said Nishchay before my father could say something.

I felt as if he was doing the job of my father. Interrogating and scolding me.

"But.." Manan tried to say something but again Nishchay interrupted him.

"Ya think about Manan. How disappointed he must have felt! you didn't even introduce him to your family as your boyfriend! " he scolded me again.

"Actually" my father said calmly to Nishchay. "I think I am being too harsh with her. Maybe she was going to tell me about it but Manan posted that thing online" .

My father was taking my side!!!!!!. I knew my father well. My father would scold me whenever I would be wrong but he would always take my side whenever someone else would point a finger on me. I felt so relieved.

But Nishchay wouldn't stop.

"But what about Manan! Poor guy must have felt so bad that he wasn't formally introduced as your boyfriend!" Nishchay accused me again.

I felt betrayed. Nishchay was supposed to be in my side!!!

"No it's okay. I think it's my fault. I should have atleast asked her permission. I was too eager to show the World that I belonged to Kuhu.... ummmm Kuhu, I am sorry" Said Manan looking straight into my eyes.

Now Manan was also in my side. I hoped Nishchay would stop and let this matter slide.

"That means that Kuhu is faultless right?" He looked towards Manan and my father.

"Ofcourse she is!" Sided my mother. She spoke before my father could even reply.

"Then I guess the topic is over!" Got up Nishchay and winked at me. Gosh, the memories of my childhood got fresh! How he would save me from problems and wink at me! All this time he was on my side.

Before my father and Manan could say anything about it, my mother declared that she would bring us ice cream.

"We have no problem with this guy." Said my father entering the kitchen, referring to Manan while I was busy taking out ice cream from the refrigerator.

"I already like him" smiled my mother.

I hugged both of them. I saw Manan and Nishchay talking animatedly about something. They were sitting on the sofa in the living room.

When they looked at me, they suddenly became quiet and pretended to take immense interest in a soap opera (the one which has a story plot of a daughter in law turns into mosquito to save her family)

I cursed Nishchay for hiding something from me. But I was glad that he sorted out the whole thing in his own way.

Manan had apologised me and talked to my parents so I was no longer mad at him. I guess we were officially girlfriend and boyfriend though I wondered what the future held for us.