Crush#4 Avoiding

"Can I join you in this project?" I asked him.

"Sorry Kuhu, I need to go for Lunch. And then I am taking a half day. Maybe later"  he said without looking into my eyes and rushed off.

It was so frustrating. By the way did I tell you his name? He had a beautiful name... just like his face. Aarav..

The problem was that he was avoiding me like a plague. I was called into sir's cabin in the morning "Kuhu, since the season has not started yet, there is not much of the routine work. But you can always sit with your seniors and colleagues and learn right. It's the best time since the work is non routine and you can learn a lot" he advised. And I agreed.

I went out of my cabin to see what work was done by others. Aarav was busy discussing something with the client. Neelay was busy doing some work regarding  taxation of a trust. Naimesh was surfing the Facebook, looking at the photos of his crush, Saankesh was solving some case law.

As I went towards my computer, I overheard Aarav saying "sir, we shall make the Project report so that the Bank would agree to sanction your loan. Since the amount involved is way too high, let's not hurry."

And I knew that I wanted to do that. I went to Aarav.

"Can I please join you into making Project report? I know the first year interns usually do not do that but I promise I shall try my best" I told him.

He looked towards the client, indirectly pointing me towards him.
"Can we talk later?" Implying that I should approach him after the client goes.

Suddenly Neelay called my name. I went to him. "What happened to you? Why such sad face?" He asked.

Well I wanted to work with Aarav but he seems to be..... ummm busy. I told him the reason.

"Don't get him wrong. That client, Mr Sani is very aggressive about the work allotted to Aarav and Aarav is under too much of pressure. Because he is doing this work for the first time. Sir wants him to handle the pressure because he trusts Aarav could do it. So maybe that's why he doesn't want to involve you into this. He wants perfection" explained Neelay.

And all my anger towards Aarav evaporated.

"Wanna join me? It's not as exciting but you would love it!" Asked Neelay.

And my mood instantly lifted. So we did some work related to Trust. I also read the sections of  bare Income Tax Act 1961 where we both tried to interpret it. Some find it as a headache but me and Neelay had time of our lives. And soon Naimesh joined us.

Our work ended way before time so since we were not busy, we opened the Facebook and Neelay and Naimesh showed me the pics of their crushes. One of them was my collage friend. (I was busy with CA as well as graduation).

"I can help you to impress her you know" I joked while Neelay and Naimesh begged me to arrange them a blind date.

I saw the client leaving the cubical of Aarav. Since he was a senior, he was allowed a separate cubical. I saw him emerging out of his cubical, his face blank. I rushed to him and asked him

"Can I join you in this project?"

"Sorry Kuhu, I need to go for Lunch. And then I am taking a half day. Maybe later"  he said without looking into my eyes and rushed off".

I felt so bad. I understand that he was under the pressure. But that didn't mean that he would be so detached. Maybe it was first time in my life that my crush was one sided. It was irritating.

Moreover I wanted to learn about Project report making. So badly. And he was the only person who could teach me. I wondered how could I make him join him and take me under his wing.

But first I need to ensure that he would open up to me.