Crush#3 Respect (4)

Kuhu's POV

"I am sorry ma'am" I held my head down while my language teacher Swati ma'am demanded the notes from me.

"Kuhu, the only reason why I want you to finish the notes of past chapters is because it would be helpful for your exams revision" she explained me with defeat.

"I am sorry ma'am, I shall complete the notes as soon as possible" I promised her, still unsure how I would cover my previous chapters.

"Ma'am, I think I can help her. My notes are already complete. So can she use my notes?" Kabir stood up umexpectedly.

" why are you doing this?" I looked at him questioningly.

Now the girls in my class started whispering and few of them looked at me with disgust in their eyes. Like I cared. I gave them my charming heart melting smile.

"Sure!" Said Swati Ma'am, impressed. "Kuhu, Kabir is the brightest student of my class. His notes would help you to ace the subject" she said happily. I just nodded.

As soon as the language lecture was over, the whole class dispersed due to lunch break. But I didn't want to sit in the class while the girls would discuss about Kabir's recent fascination towards me.

So I went to the corridor close to the school library. Since very few people would come there, it was the place of peace. I quietly opened my lunchbox and ate my food. Enjoying the fresh cool breeze.

"Hey!" He called me loudly so I was snapped out of my thought.

"What are you doing over here?" I ask him. I was shocked as this was kind of my hiding place.

"Just wanted to give you the company" he said.

As a part of manners, I asked him to sit next to me and offered him my food. He took some of it and sat next to me quietly.

"Why did you give me the notes? " I asked him.

"Because you need them badly. Besides I am trying to make it up to you" He said.

"Won't you need them for exam revisions?" I asked.

"I would but if possible pls copy them and return me soon please" He said.

"Worry not. I would get them photocopied  today and return them to you tomorrow itself" I assured him.

"Why are you sitting here alone?" He asked me.

" I was missing my old school. Old friends. You know, we all classmates would sit together during lunch break and eat. Then we all would play games after school would end. There used to be quite a healthy competition amongst rankers. I had so many friends. I miss all those things here"  I finally told him.

"Hmmmm" was the only thing that he said. He sat quietly next to me while I ate and took a short nap. Till the break got over.

My whole class is obsessed with the books of Linda Goodman. It's all about astrology where people see how your zodiac sign matches with your partner's zodiac and how compatible you both are.

Unfortunately it came into our school library and then there was a riot. Everyone wanted to subscribe that book. So when Varshi got the book first. Every girl would literally beg to allow her to read it.

Some girls would see their own zodiac and check Kabir's zodiac and then they would discuss whose zodiac sign matches the most with his sign.
And I felt like I am the only mature person in the class.