Meanwhile with Crush#1

Kuhu's POV

"What happened Manan? Why do you sound so worried?" I asked him while we were on the call. It was at midnight when I called him.

"Do you remember that today I was supposed to go to the neighbouring city for the National Team Selection?" He asked.

"Ya so? You are going there right?" I asked him.

"Actually there is a slight problem Kuhu" he replied. There was panic in his voice.

"What happened? Tell me" I urged him. It was his dream to get selected and I didn't want him to face any setbacks.

"I am standing in the Railway Station, waiting for my train. But I realised that I have forgotten my wallet at home which had my ticket. I can't buy another ticket from here due to lack of money. My home is far so no one can come and give me my wallet because the train is due to arrive in 5 minutes!" He told me his concern.

"You can always book your ticket online!" I suggested.

"I can't. I have left my credit card at home and I don't remember it's number!" He said helplessly.

"Wait let me call you later!" He put down the phone before I could suggest anything.

After sometime he didn't call back. So I called him.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Well I missed the train. I have to report there tomorrow. But now I cannot board any train because this was the last one!" He said, regret clearing in his voice"

"Wait a second... just hold you phone I shall check for online bus booking" I told him before he could cut his phone again.

I booked an online ticket from his town to the neighbouring town so that he could travel at night and reach there by the dawn next day.

"Listen, I have booked your bus tickets online. I shall send you the details of the boarding place so you better reach there quick. The bus shall arrive in 30 minutes so I want you to reach there within the time." I told him.

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate this!" He replied.

"Thank me later. First reach to the boarding station. NOW!" I almost shouted.

He called me after some 20 minutes stating that he has boarded the bus and he was well before time.

"Let me put some money into your account so that you could use it for the next day" I told him.

"No need dear. I have talked to my coach. He shall pick me up tomorrow from the bus stand and then I don't require money. I have my uncle over there so things will be taken care of. I am feeling so ashamed that I forgot something so important! My parents scolded me in the phone just before I called you. I shall return your money back once I reach back to my town." He said with regret clear in his voice.

"Don't think too much about it. Just take rest and impress the selectors tomorrow... I am sure you can do it!!!! Pray and go to sleep!"

"If I get selected, I owe you a treat. Actually there is something else that I owe you since these many years!" He chuckled.

"Aha? What?" I asked.

"Don't you remember?" I asked.

"Nope. I don't." I confessed.

"Don't worry. I shall remind you about it later." He said.

"Fine. Right now you need to sleep. You have only 5 hours to rest. Call me when you are free" I told him.

We wished each other goodbye and I went to sleep.