Lets date

Kuhu's POV

"Are you sure about it?" I asked Manan if he was sure that he would drop me off. He was supposed to go for a tour outside the country so he must reach to the airport atleast 2 hours prior.

"Ya I wanna have breakfast with you before I go" he insisted.

He chose a restaurant which was k own for it's sweets apart from its snacks.

"You remember?" I was shocked when he ordered cheese sandwich and my favourite sweet jalebi

"You have no idea" He just smiled as he served me with jalebi and sandwiches.

We talked about our professions and family.

"So you like your life that you are living right now?" I asked him.

"Like? I LOVE it!!!" He said.

"I had struggled with poverty ,gave my 200 percent hardwork, had a good share of downfalls and patience till I reached where I am right now!!!" He Exclaimed.

"Though I am not fully successful but I have got the platform and I am working hard. If I play the next tournament well, then my place in the international team is sealed for the next World Cup!" He explained.

"Enough about me. What about you?" He asked.

I told him about my studies and family and friends.

"So you have any boyfriend?" He blushed while asking.

"Nope I don't." I smiled shyly. Knowing where this conversation could lead.

"How about dating a cricketer?" He chuckled. I wondered if he was serious.

"Why? Do you have any cricketer friend?" I was careful while asking. Not wanting to look too desperate and yet available.

"There is one. Though I am afraid he won't be of  your level or Upto your standards but how about giving him a chance?" He winked.

"Ummmm maybe. Depends. What is he like? "I asked him.

"He is a simple guy who loves Cricket and would die to eat Halwa (sweet) made by his mum. He has fallen for a girl who used to be his classmate and his FIRST crush. She loves to eat Jalebis. And he would love to date her"

I gave him a questioning look. Teasing him. Testing his patience.

"Actually.... it's me" he admitted shyly.

I gazed into his eyes and smiled.

"Okay so will you go to a dinner date with me after my match gets over?" He asked.

"Sure." I couldn't help myself saying yes...