Crush#2 Innocent Smiles (4)

Kuhu's POV

Age: 11
Class: 5th grade

"I am sorry mommy, I am sorry daddy this will never ever happen again!" Rohan gave a fake cry.

"I am very very disappointed with you son! " scolded Rohan.

"Aaji suniye to!!! Abhi to ye bachhaa hai!!! Aap ise mat daantiye!" I say.
(It means "Listen honey, he is just a kid now, please don't scold him")

And then Nishchay reads Rohan's fake marksheet in fury.

"I am sorry papa this will never happen again!" Pleads Rohan.

"Sunti ho! Mujhe Lagta hai k ise boarding school main Bhejna hi padega!" Says Nishchay.
(I think we would have to send him to the boarding school)

Actually we are playing house house where I am the mommy, Rohan is our son and Nishchay is the papa.

As per the actual plan, Priya and Deshna were supposed to come to my house and play with me. But Priya's mum told her that she was supposed to go to her aunt's house and Deshna had music class so I was left alone.

Nishchay and Rohan offered to come to my house. I told them how to play house house. They both agreed. This game is starting to get interesting in every minute. I am very happy now.

Actually our school has started skating period for everyone. A new teacher has arrived and she teaches skating to everyone. Nishchay learnt skating in no time. Most of my classmates are learning very fast.

But I am very scared. What if I fall down? Priya told me that a girl from 5th grade fell down during skating period and got her jaw broken! I don't want go to the doctor!

By Nishchay is very strict. He took both of my hands and made me stand. Then he slowly pulled me towards the middle of the ground.

I hold him but I am scared of falling down.

"Don't worry Kuhu! I won't let you fall down. But you need to learn!" He said.

I touch the pole in the middle of the ground and try to stand up. But there is a girl in our class. Aisha. She already knows how to skate.

So she comes to Nishchay and puts her hands on his back. Nishchay is almost about to fall but he grabs the pole that I am holding to.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Nishchayyyyyyyyyyy" she giggles.

"Umm hi Aisha!" Said Nishchay. Lately he has been avoiding Aisha.

"Hey let's skate together!" She offered.

"Ummm no I have to teach Kuhu how to skate!" He said.

" please Nishchay please let's skate together for sometime. You can teach her later!" She almost pleaded!

I don't know why but I am so angry with Aisha! She is always trying to seperate me with Nishchay!

Yesterday she requested our English teacher to make Nishchay sit on her bench because she had doubts in math homework which she wanted to solve during the break . So maa made him sit next to her.

Anyways, today she  grabbed his arm and took him towards other classmates who knew how to skate. While I struggled with skates in the corner. Thankfully, Shwet Rohan and Kushal came to me and taught me how to skate. I started doing well so they cheered me. It made me happy and I forgot about Aisha.

During the break time, we all classmates sat in a circle and opened our lunchboxes. Aisha made Nishchay sit next to her.

"Why do you think Sanchi left the class so early?" Asked Priya.

Sanchi was our classmate. She was elder than us by a year because she was repeating the 5th grade due to her less marks in the exams last year.

"I don't know. I saw her skirt having red spots!" Said Deshna.

" I have heard that it's called Periods" Said Kushal.

"So what's the big deal?" Said Shrey "my mommy also has periods sometimes!"

"Awwwww"

We all were surprised. I guess I would have to ask my mommy about periods. Even Priya and Deshna were clueless about it.

While we were leaving the school, Nishchay came to me. With an apple in his hand.

"This is for you" he gave it to me. Apple is my favourite fruit. It made me happy.

"I am sorry for not being with you during Skating class." He said.

"Oh... it's okay. Actually Kushal, Rohan and Shwet taught me how to skate! Those boys are so nice !!! They said they would help me to learn skate tomorrow"   I smiled.

"Actually, I will teach you how to skate in tomorrow's class so you won't need their help" he said.

"Ummm Okay." I say.

We walk towards the school gate.

"Ummm Kuhu, can I sit with you from tomorrow?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Aisha keeps on chattering! She never listens to me and keeps pulling my cheeks! And takes me everywhere with her!" He made a face.

"Okay you can sit with me" I smile. I am glad that I have him back.

"Actually I wouldn't mind sitting with you during the every school year and afterwards too" he winked and I giggled. And then he ran towards his mommy while I hurried to get into the bus. Not before waiving him goodbye.

I went home and told mommy about our discussions on periods. She called Priya, Deshna, Aisha and all other girls of our class to come to our home at noon time. She said that it's must for girls to know about such things because now we all are growing up.