Crush#3 Makeup Magic

Kuhu's POV
Age:16
Class:10th grade (it's like end of High school)

"I need your help please!" Murmured Kabir.

"But it's my chill week " I protested as he woke me up from the sleep.

Actually every week, every house has to organise a small or big event in Saturdays and at the end of the year, the house having organised the most successful events and excelled in sports competitions as well as house quizzes, would get the house cup.

It was the week for green house (Yes, Kabir's house) whereas I was free due to my blue house being off duty.

Kabir and his gang were supposed to organise Janmashtami (the day when Lord Krishna was born). Things were going great for the green house I tell you.

They had decorated the whole school beautifully with Diyas (kind of candles made with earthen cointainers), flowers and cradles signifying birth of baby Shri Krishna.

Kabir was supposed to be Krishna, the main lead in their 20 minute drama/act.

Hell broke loose when the person who was supposed to get them ready and apply makeup ended up injuring herself the previous night thereby, not coming the school. I had organised a historic drama in the previous year so everyone knew that I had a sound knowledge about get ups, make ups, costumes and the stage lights.

"Please help me!" Kabir almost pleaded.

"Don't you think that it would amount to cheating for my own house? Remember we are competing for the house cup!" I reminded him.

He sighed and went away. But I felt awful and guilty. Damn conscious.

I went to Kabir and rest of the performers who were trying to figure out how to apply makeup.

"Okay people! I want you to get outside the class and come inside one by one so I could get you all ready within an hour!" I Shouted.

The seniors of the Green house hugged me and Kabir gave me flying kiss when everyone left the class:

"I knew you care for me!" He Exclaimed.

"Ya... But only in your own head" I replied, trying to sort out the safety pins and makeup that was not properly kept. Luckily they had arranged for makeup and costumes beforehand.

One by one I started calling people inside the class and got them ready. With girls it was kinda hard because they had to wear saree and I wasn't pro in it but we all managed it well.

Guys simply wore their costumes so u had to only apply makeup.

Everyone was ready. Except Kabir. He came in last.

"Sorry I was busy setting up the stage props!" He apologised.

"It's okay you are on time. I didn't have to wait. Now stand in front of me" I instructed him.

He had worn his costume so I had to make him wear the traditional jewellery like a huge pearl necklace, a crown studded with a peacock feather, two anklets. It was kind of... intimate.

I mean everytime I touched him, I felt a little different. His breathing too got heavy when I put my hands around his shoulders to tie him the neck pieces. It felt like there was some sort of invisible tension in the air.

"Enjoying the closeness aren't we?" He whispered into my ears. His hot breath into my neck.It took an effort to put my expressions normal.

"Let's get your makeup done" I almost whispered, glad to find a diversion. It won't be awkward now. Applying makeup is so normal... Right?

Maybe. Because Kabir had resumed his humorous side. And I heaved a sign of relief.

"Makeup is for cheaters. And you girls are cheaters!" He chuckled and accused me.

"Makeup is not cheating!" I replied back.

"Aha? Then why do you girls have something called 'concealer'? " he argued and I smiled back.

"You see, applying makeup gives us ego boost" I replied.

"But you don't need it." He said looking into my eyes.

"Because I have too much of ego?" I was confused and offended.

"Because you are beautiful" he said and suddenly something happened. I couldn't believe this.... I... I.. blushed.

He held my hand and kissed its back.    " blushing suits you ma'am" he said. And winked and left.

It took me a moment to realise that he had forgotten to change his pants into Dhoti (it's traditional outfit worn by guys in place of pants)

He will realise it soon. I hoped. I exited the class with two feelings in my mind.

1st... I was sad that I betrayed my house by helping another house due to my troubling conscious.

2nd.. I guess I like him too. Gosh! I like Kabir. No matter how much I despised him the previous year!!