Crush#2 Teen Grown up (5)

Kuhu's PoV

Age: 14
Grade: 8th

"He he he he didn't I tell you? Nishchay likes Kuhu?" Aisha grinned.

I find her very annoying. Seriously she has to check each and every move of mine. Especially if I talk to Nishchay.

Aisha is the new girl in our class. I feel that she is creating an unnecessary nuisance. She made a list of the names of girls and paired them with the guys of our class. And showed it to the other girls.

Now teasings have became frequent. Because of this, many girls and guys have stopped talking to each other. Out of embarrassment or fear of being teased. Ever since she has entered or class, there is a certain kind of strain on the innocent friendship that was shared by the boys and the girls in our class.

Everything was going okay until one day, she found out the reason why I and Nishchay sit on the last bench during the Moral Science lecture. During the days when the chapters are too boring, we both sit on the last bench and play Circle And Crosses.

Since then, her over romantic brain has convinced her that we both are boyfriend and girlfriend

Since then, her over romantic brain has convinced her that we both are boyfriend and girlfriend .

So she is trying to tell everyone whenever we both do something together.

Last week Nishchay saved my favourite book that I wanted to read during the library lecture. So that others cannot get their hands on it. Moreover I brought his favourite food in my lunch.

All these events prompted Aisha and her other influenced friends to tease me with Nishchay.

"Nishchay??" I ask him when he is finishing my homework. Since we both are at my place, we can talk in peace.

"I think we should do something about our situation. I hate it when Aisha teases us" I Said frustrated.

"Aha? What does she say?" He asked.

"She says that we both are girlfriend and boyfriend and we both are soul mates" I clarify.

He starts laughing.

"Okay tell me something. I agree that we are not girlfriend boyfriend yet but " he says but I cut him off.

"What do you mean by yet? " I cut him off angrily.

"I mean, maybe one day we both would be. How knows? Maybe after collage?" He grinned and broke into laughter.

I threw my pillow on him. And he tickled me so I broke into laughter.

" my point is that even if we are not boyfriend or girlfriend, don't you think that we are soulmates? I think that anyone can be your soulmate. Your my , your dad, your brother etc so why can't it be me?" He asks. This time he is serious.

"I agree that my parents are my best friends and my brother is my soulmate but how can you be my soulmate?" I ask him.

"Okay who brings you extra hanky during the winters to wipe your stupid running nose?" He asks.

"You"

"Who saves your favourite library books so that no one takes them away?" He asks again.

"Ofcourse you"

"Who taught you to fight your bullies and cook noodles during the case of emergency?" He asks.

"Who brought your first pads from the nearby shop when you got into periods in the school for the first time?" He asks

Okay that was embarrassing.

"Okay okay I get it. You are my soulmate. But it doesn't solve the Aisha problem. I feel like punching her" I say.

"I just smile whenever she teases me. That makes her irritated and now she has stopped teasing me. Perhaps you too should try the same tactic" he says.

While he is speaking, he doesn't realise that I have painted his toenails with my nail paint. He doesn't have a nail polish remover (because he doesn't have a sister and his mum is out of town for a visit )

But after he goes, I now have a perfectly good plan on how to deal with Aisha and her antics.

Next day during the lunch break, I intentionally call Nishchay

"Nishchu !!" (He was dead when I called him that.)

"What?" He gave me a weird look.

" can you please give me your English notebook? My homework is still incomplete" I pleaded him.

He came close to me. And whispered. "yaar overacting kyu kar Rahi hai" (buddy why are you overacting?)

I didn't pay him any attention. I could see Aisha enjoying our moment and whole class is looking towards us in a pin drop silence.

"Oho oho Yaha to pyaar ki baatain chal Rahi hai.!" (You guys are talking about love )
Commented Aisha

"Ha ha hum dono to kaal ghar se Bhaag kar shaadi karne wale hai!" (Yes why not? We both are gonna elope and get married tomorrow)

I replied back.

There was a pin drop silence in the class. Aisha was shocked and so was
Nishchay. No one spoke anything while I had a laugh of my life.

"What the hell did you just say?" Asked amused Nishchay

"I agree that we both are not eloping yet" I say

"What do you mean by yet?" He was exasperated.

I broke into laughter and asked him to chill.

Anyways did I tell you that Nishchay has a crush over our new yoga teacher? Did I tell you that we are required to do exercises bare feet? She has a keen sense of observation. So she observed Nishchay's nail paint too. And that was the end of his "mission good impression "

He cursed me for forgetting to bring the nail paint remover. But it was too late.

Our class teacher accidentally found a page which had a list of girl boy pairs that were made by Aisha. Did I tell you that she was suspended for a week? Hopefully she has learnt her lesson. I hope now boys and girls would freely talk to each other without being teased.