Crush#4 Blunders in diguise

Kuhu's POV

"Where were you?" Asked my curious father.

My mum wanted to answer on my behalf but father's look meant that he wanted only my answer.

"Today was the half day in office so we went to the movie marathon" I replied. I knew I was in trouble.

"You told me a month after joining the office that only you are the female intern over there. I did not object. But you should have atleast told me about your movie program with guys!! I trust you Kuhu but our Indian society is too narrow minded. What if our relatives would have seen you there with a bunch of guys!?" He said with a disappointment clear in his voice.

"But I was not the only girl! Our Boss's wife was present there too" I clarified.

It was a partial truth actually. Though that kind lady showed up, she had to leave the movie in between due to some work related emergency. So I was left alone with the boys.

But I tell you, we had a blast. Since the movie was literally a crap, we all sat on the last empty row and cracked jokes, played games in each other's cell phones and passed comments.

Which reminded me. I had locked Aarav's phone when he was leaving. He might have realised by now.

"I am glad that you had a company of a women." Said my father relieved.

"Father, those are just boys. They are my colleagues. No one is close to me. Don't worry"

I spoke up, addressing the unspoken worry of my father that I would fall into useless relationship with a useless guy. He still had not forgotten how much I was affected due to the absence of Kabir. He didn't want me to suffer from a heartbreak again.

I was about to leave the room when I received a call from Neelay. My father saw the caller id and asked me to talk.

"Kuhu, have you reached safely at home? I know it's early evening but I was just concerned" he asked. Such a gentleman.

"Don't worry I have reached. Ummm talk to you later bye" I quickly cut the call.

Before I could explain anything to my father, I received another call. This time it was Naimesh

" you reached home safely right?" He said.

My father looked at me as if questioning "we are just colleagues- no one is close to me" statement.

"Ya I have. Talk to you later bye!" I hurriedly cut the phone.

It was followed by a message from Kuldeep (another senior intern) stating

"I hope you have reached to your home. It would take me another hour to reach home and I am driving. So please send me message whether you have reached the home or not. It might rain so please drive safely"

As if that was not enough, I received another text message from an unknown number

"Kuhu please tell me if you have locked my phone! If yes please send me the password. It's my dad's phone so call me at this number ... NOW!!!!!

It was followed by

"Kuhu please give me my password I have to make an important phone call and the number is saved in my cell phone"

And

"I won't leave you if you don't give me my password (angry emoji)"

And then....

"Kuhu you I promise I would give you an ice cream treat if you give me the password"

I wanted to laugh at my silly trick but looking at my father's face, I tried to control myself.

Unfortunately he had seen my strings of text messages. I didn't want to hide anything from him so didn't take away my phone as I sat in front of him. He had every right to read my messages..

"You know I have always been a tomboy right?" I told him.

"I am okay if you are a tomboy. I don't mind your male friends. It's just I don't want you to be heartbroken again. Besides it might spoil your reputation if someone from our community sees you like that." He said in a low tone.

I gave him understanding smile and promised him that I would be super careful next time. Aarav was just a crush. Right?