Crush#3 Hilariously romantic(1)

Kuhu's POV

Age: 15
Grade: 9th

"Why are you bothering me? Do you want anything?" I ask irritated.

"I want the most valuable thing possessed by your dad." He tried to give me an intense eye contact.

Thankfully our conversation was interrupted with the teacher entering into our class.

You must be wondering why Nishchay was trying to flirt with me. Actually he doesn't need to. It was someone else! It was Kabir, my new classmate, in my new class, in my new school.

Actually papa got shifted into another city (I would rather call it a small town) for a period of 2 years due to his project. Which meant me moving and my mother and my younger brother moving too.

Don't remind me about my farewell. I went to the school and cried in the staff room. My friends wondered if I would miss my teachers more than I would miss them. As I had not worn my uniform, kids thought that it was my birthday so they came to wish me.

I wanted to give a nice goodbye to Nishchay but when I met him, it just got stuck into my throat.

Later, every classmate of mine came to my place and gave me a farewell party. Nishchay stayed and woke up for the whole night and helped my parents with packing the furniture and other stuff.

It was so painful to get seperated from him. At midnight, when my parents were busy packing things in their bedroom, I almost cried thinking about the time we spent.

"Shhhhhh you are the bravest girl I have ever met in my whole life. Please don't cry. " he almost pleaded. I guess even his eyes were wet.

"I know I am going out of town only for 2 years but that's a long gap yaar (buddy)" I spoke in between the sobs.

"I know but you would rock those 2 years without me" He said assuring me.

"Ya I know. And you would have no one to stop you whenever you would flirt with anyone. Now you are free" I almost cried.

Which reminded me. He deserved my confession. Atleast for taking the pain of waking up for the whole night.

"Ummm Nishchay, I wanna tell you something"

"Before you say anything, I wanna say something" he looked shy, his cheeks red. He closed his eyes.

"I... I... actually I never had crush on anyone. I just pretended to have crush over others to see your reaction. Ummm you are my crush... since the day you shared your crayons with me" he spoke in one go. And then he slowly opened his eyes to look at my reaction.

"You are shocked... right?" He said.

"Nope. I always knew that there was an undeniable attraction between us. I... I like you too" I confessed sheepishly.

"But we both are too young for this you know. I propose we keep it till friendship." He said.

"Agreed. Besides, who knows... you might find someone else in these 2 years.." I tried to appear casual but within I was shaken especially from the turn of events taking place due to our confessions.

"Trust me... that would never ever happen..." he said looking straight into my eyes.

"It may. We both are now teens. Things like that happen" I say matter of factly even though I prayEd that it doesn't happen in future.

"In that case, maybe I would be able to manage impress Samantha ma'am (Yoga teacher) by the time you come back" he winked. And it made the whole atmosphere normal again.

"How?" I ask.

"Without your constant interruptions, she may get time to know me" he chuckled.

"If she ends up knowing you, then I don't need to worry at all." I laughed.

And then I made up my mind... irrespective of crush or not, I would never ever lose my touch with Nishchay.

Anyways back to the present. I am already sulking. Why? Because I entered the class when already a lot of syllabus is covered. Exams are just a month away. And this guy is trying to win me just because he had made a stupid bet with someone.

Actually when I entered the school, I had to give an entrance exams in order to secure the admission. It turned out that I had scored brilliantly so teachers were already excited about my arrival.

It made 2 groups of people jealous.
1). The fan girls of Kabir.
2). The rankers of the class.

Anyways one of the admirer of Kabir, Riddhi, told me that Kabir, being a designated "cool guy" of the class had entered the bet with the group of girls that he would make me his girlfriend.

Initially I thought I must go and punch Kabir. But after seeing him for the first time, I decided that he was not worth it. Nevertheless his flirting didn't stop. As if he would woo me with his so called charms.

The limits were crossed when he started singing the songs (rather creating his impressions with his gang members serving as a chorus) of Himesh Reshammiya (a singer who sings with his nasal voice) in order to impress me. I had to keep a straight face and try not to laugh.

It wasn't cute. It was pathetic. Now I have to handle my studies with exams coming nearer, get myself elected as a school minister in the community and participate in maximum curriculum activities in order to increase my grades. So paying attention to this guy is kinda waste of time.

By the way  it took me 24 hours to realise what Kabir was saying by  "I want the most valuable thing possessed by your dad" meant... that he was talking about me.. and not his car)