Crush#3 Wifey

Kuhu's POV

"Finally you are here" he tried to wink at me but ended up closing both his eyes together.

"So... which is the best book did you read this year? " I asked defeated.

During the library period, I was asked to go to each bench and ask each student as to which books they read this year and which one they found the best and why. As Kabir sat on the last bench, he patiently waited for my arrival.

His patience included asking students to give me quicker inputs and if possible, forget about the all the books they had read and allow me to move ahead.

When I reached to his bench, he heaved a sigh of relief.

"I thought the whole lecture would pass by the time you would come to me" he admitted.

"Trust me buddy, I would wish for the same. So... which is the best book did you read this year? " I asked defeated.

"I Love You by the Author Shri Kabir Sharma" he said proudly. (In India, shri is inserted as a prefix in front of a man's name to give him a respect)

"There is no such book " I was irritated.

"There is dear" he pressed a palm on his left eye and tried to close his right eye therefore the wink was completed. And that reminded me of my dearest friends. Manan and Nishchay. Except that they knew how to wink properly.

"So... Kuhu... which book did you read this year?" He tried to initiate further conversation with me.

"I love you too brother" I winked. I bro zoned him.

"There is no such book like that" he said.

"There will be one on the day of Rakshabandhan... beware" I mentally giggled at his shocked face and sat on my place.

(In India, girls tie Rakhi, a decorated string on a guy's wrist to declare him as her brother.)

I thought he would stop flirting with me but I was wrong. Again.

"And I choose Kuhu to play the main character Mirabai" announced Mishi Ma'am.

We had a chapter in our English literature lecture about Mirabai. It was in form of a drama so there were dialogues. Misha Ma'am thought that it would be interesting if the students read it in form of drama. She expected us to enact the characters while reading them.

"Now who wants to be Mirabai's , husband  Prince Bhojraj ?" She asked.

Many guys raised their hands including Kabir. "Ma'am please" he almost pleaded while many of the girls rolled their eyes and some of the boys giggled like girls.

" I think Ansh must play Mirabai's husband Bhojraj and Kabir must play Mirabai's father in law Rana Sangha" she gave her verdict.

Kabir made a face but nevertheless agreed.

Now as per the story, Mirabai was a princess wedded to the Prince Bhojraj. She considered the Lord Shri Krishna as her husband and prayed to his idol for the whole day. That irked her husband and her in laws. They tried many ways to oppose and ill treat her.

"I, Bhojraj Singh, the Prince of Mewar order you to cease the worship of the idol of Lord Krishna" boomed Ansh, who was Bhojraj.

"I pray to know as to why am I being opposed to the idea of worshipping my Lord? I have always been a dutiful wife!" I questioned like an obeying wife. My voice polite yet, firm.