Aarav helps

Kuhu's POV

Like I had said earlier, life has unique ways of separating and meeting people.

As I went to the office in the morning, I found it empty except for Lalita Ma'am (she was the receptionist in our firm).
Actually my boss and the guys had gone out of the town for the Audit related work. That meant that only me and Lalita Ma'am were present in the office.

It was during the lunch break Lalita Ma'am went to her place to have her lunch. Since I had the habit of bringing my lunch to the office, I set it on my table and started having it. Until.

I saw Aarav entering the office. As soon as he entered the place, his eyes quickly scanned for signs of anyone else other than me.

"Hi Aarav! Good to see you after so many days!!"

I exclaimed out of happiness. We had never met or spoke after the incident at his place. This was going to be awkward, I thought.

I could see a pinch of hesitation followed by a beautiful smile.

"Actually I came here to invite Boss and everyone to my wedding which is after 4 months."

Okay. That was a shocker. I had thought that he would never ever marry.

"Congratulations Aarav" I tried to sound cheerful without any success.

"Oh, thanks" he managed to mutter. As if seeing through me.

"Where are the Boss and others?"  He tried to change the topic. I told him about their business trip.

"Umm okay I have to go." He said advanced towards door of the office.

I sighed. Maybe I would never know his side of story as to why was he getting married.

Suddenly I saw him turning his back and looking into my eyes.

"I see you have brought some snacks for lunch. Mind if I join you?" He asked.

It made me happy. After all he was my senior. I had spent a good amount of time learning from him. Just because his feelings, he couldn't just escape from the fact that we had shared a beautiful work related chemistry.

"I met Sneha 5 years ago. She was the wife of my cousin Ritesh. Ritesh was in army and lost his life while on duty. I was worried about Sneha. She was always an elder figure in my life. Very generous and very kind. She also had 2 year old baby girl. And as I figured I out, it was getting difficult for her to make both the ends meet. To top it up, people in my community weren't even supporting her. The condition of the widow in our community is the worst. That's when I decided that I would marry her. Not because I am some kind of a hero or something. I just wanted to set an example in my community that they need to move on from their narrow minded ness. Besides Sneha is a beautiful human. I am getting to know her." He blushed as he said the last line.

I was dumbfounded and a new sense of respect for him grew in my heart.

"I didn't took pity on Sneha. She deserves someone better than me.
She misses Ritesh many times but I am sure I would help her to move on."

And I realised that I had lost a gem of a person. But Manan too was a gem wasn't he?

"I have heard about Manan and your love story. Newspapers say that you both were childhood buddies aren't you?" He asked me smiling curiously.

"Well some of it is true. But he wasn't my love from the day one." I chuckled. Things were comfortable again.

"I am glad that you have found the one." He said sincerely.

"Well I am unsure about it. I mean we have good chemistry but things are going wayyy too fast. Just dated him for 3 months and he wants me to be included in all his family outings. I mean I want to be 100% sure before I take some decision" I Said.

"Tell me one thing. Has someone ever broken your heart?" He asked me. As if holding my pulse. As if he sensed my fear.

"Ummm ya but now I have got the proper respectful closure" I said thinking about Kabir.

"And yet you bring your past in between your beautiful future. If you wanna take your time to know him it's okay. But don't let your future be blocked by your ugly past." He emphasised.

Maybe he was right. Though it felt rushed, my relationship was atleast sailing a bit smoothly. Unlike guys who desert the girls after playing with their feelings.

"He is a keeper... don't let him go" Aarav gave his final advice.

We talked about his wedding, post wedding plans and the other things. The awkwardness was replaced by comfortable friendliness that a junior and senior usually share. Our banter continued for an hour until everyone from the office returned back and I got the formal invitation to attend his wedding along with the staff and Manan.