23 💋

Namjoon's POV:

"What's this? It's a ghost town out here! Where is everybody?" I asked, looking around.

In reality, my concern wasn't about the other workers. It was about one worker only, and that was Seokjin.

I couldn't get my mind off of him. Off of anything! It's driving me insane. I can't even concentrate on my work, properly.

Now that I know who and what he is... I don't care. It doesn't make me hate him, I don't think I could hate anyone so easily.

What really boggles me is the way he grabbed me.

His hands wrapped around me so easily... And I rejected him.

A man so perfect. So handsome.

A man who thinks I'm straight. Everyone thinks that I'm bound to marry a woman of many riches, and a high prestige who can give me children so that they could be the future heirs of my company.

Well, what if I didn't want that?

What if I wanted something else? Why do I have to follow their dreams instead of chasing after my own?

"Good afternoon, Namjoon."

"Because of him. That's why..." I greeted my uncle, bitterly.

"I can see you still have the old habit of entering my office without knocking, uncle." Instead of apologizing, the man burped, excusing himself.

"Yah, yah, yah, stop making such noise. My head still hurts from our gang bang last night.
That was so wild, Joon!"

I handed him a glass of water, settling down on my chair.

"Uncle... You were the one who had sex with someone last night. I didn't."

"Because you pussied out at the last minute." His attitude towards me has always been strict, yet father-like.

Ever since my father died, his brother has taken it upon himself to take care of me. But because of how masculine and close-minded he is, the man only has time to think about sex, love, and new affairs on a daily basis.

I, on the other hand, don't.

To me, love is barely existent in my life. The way he's shown me what "love" is, has given
me a reason to avoid it, rather than to embrace it.

Love to me is accomplishing new things.

Having a good sale day when it comes to traveling around the world just to sell my electronic devices.

Promoting my company.

Keeping my workers happy.

My job is my life! It's the only thing that I've ever felt proud of and I know that it's going to continue that way until the day someone else can take my place, when I get older.

"Aww, c'mon! You enjoyed it... Or did you forget about your maaaagical time with her last night. Eh??" My eyes nearly popped out of their socket when I widened them at a picture
my uncle showed me.

I was lying down on top of a woman's legs, shirtless.

She appeared to be drunk, judging by the cup of beer in her hand. And so did I.

I don't remember anything about yesterday, except for when Jin notified me about that call, and the conversation I had... Of course.

It's all coming back to me now.

~flashback~

"Oh, you had a call earlier. It was from Kim Yeoshin." Crap. Now I remember it all.

After I left Seokjin alone, I went to my office. That's when I called my uncle, apologizing for taking so long to respond.

~~~

"Hello? Uncle Yeoshin! It's been a while. Haha ~ I've been doing well. How are things with you and aunt Ae Cha?" I was still stressed out about what had happened with Seokjin earlier, not to mention his rude attitude towards me.

Hearing my uncle didn't relieve my stress, it only increased it.

"Things haven't been that well between us, Namjoon. She said that she needed some time alone, but I know what she really wants..." I gasped.

"A divorce? But you two have known each other for such a long time, Yeoshin."

"Well, if it's not meant to be, then why keep pouring salt on the wound, right?" Though he
has had countless women, my uncle never seems to find love.

This is the reason why I don't intend to waste my time on relationships.

"Right."

"I called you to invite you over to my house. We haven't hung out in such a long time and your dear uncle misses you, you know." I sighed.

Whenever Yeoshin has problems with his partners, he always talks about how much he 'misses me', just for me to pity him and spend the night at his apartment, getting drunk.

One would think that it's not a bad thing to spend time with your family members who need you the most.

But I know my uncle very well... And let's just say that he's a pretty loud drunk, and aside from blasting out loud music and drinking heavily, he has a soft side to him that ends up weeping on my shoulder at the end of the night.

"Please, nephew. Just for a little while... I really have nobody in my life right now. I feel so alone and I'm in need of a friend. Won't you do this one favor for me?" I find it hard to say no to anybody, especially my family members. So, of course I didn't turn my uncle down.

I agreed on going but just for an hour: No more, no less.

~~~