44 💋

Seokjin's heart was about to burst of his chest, now that his worst fear had come to life:

Namjoon had lost his vision. "Namjoon... Don't say that. I'm right over here, see?" He hid his emotions, not wanting to accept that cruel reality just yet.

However, Namjoon wasn't taking it so well. He held onto Seokjin, as if begging him for help but without saying a single word. The man just dropped to his knees, holding his head down, silently.

"Namjoon, please, let me help you." Seokjin crouched down, and stumbled back when Namjoon became aggressive with him and pushed him away.

The man was going crazy, spinning around the sidewalk, screaming. He kept on slapping himself, yelling "WAKE UP!", but unfortunately for him, he just couldn't accept the fact that he had gone blind.

As the light in his eyes faded away, so did his sanity. He reevaluated his entire life, and thought all about himself and the things he held dearest to him:

The beautiful cherry blossom trees.

The treasurable places he's been to.

His job.

His company.

His close friends at Volts Edge.

And lastly, Seokjin.

Knowing that he would no longer be able to enjoy seeing things in life, Namjoon was completely shattered.

"Namjoon! Open your eyes!"

"What's the point? I CAN'T EVEN SEE OUT OF THEM! Seokjin!!" He cried out, feeling his body would give out at any minute, from the pain he felt within it.

"NAMJOON!" A bright light was the last thing Namjoon's eyes were able to physically take in before his body was impacted by a heavy truck, and tossed to the side of the road.

There, he lay, dying as Seokjin ran towards him.

The man was hyperventilating while grabbing a hold of his body, pulling him onto his lap.

"Namjoon! Namjoon, look at me!"

"Seokjin..." He shook his head.

"It's dark." His response left Seokjin in shock, as tears ran down his face, while staring at Namjoon.

"I'm so glad I got to see you, you know... Y- you want to know why?" The man stuttered, intertwining his hand with Seokjin's, feeling him trembling.

"D...Don't speak, please. The paramedics- The paramedics are on their way now. Please, stay strong!" Seokjin stuttered, holding onto Namjoon, who just smiled back at him, pushing away the excruciating amount of pain his body was in.

"I'm happy... I- I'm... Happy because I got to see you one last time... Jinnie." He placed a gentle kiss on Seokjin's wrist, soaking his lips with the man's tears that had dripped onto his hand while he was crying.

"Namjoon..." Seokjin rocked Namjoon's head in his lap, back and forth, attempting to wake the man up... But he never opened his eyes.

"N-Namjoon!" He rocked the man's body, harder, not losing hope on receiving a response from him.

Unfortunately, the response Seokjin waited for, never came.

"Open your eyes, Namjoon." But sadly, the older refused to accept it.

"Namjoon! Open your eyes!!" The paramedics came and rushed Namjoon to the hospital.

Later on, after waiting countless hours, a doctor came to inform Seokjin about Namjoon's passing.

"The man didn't resist the impact of the vehicle. I'm so sorry, sir... But he didn't make it."

~~~