49 💋

Seokjin watched from above as Namjoon was about to receive the terrible news of his passing.

"I'm sorry... We did everything we could. We truly tried." Namjoon tilted his head at the doctor, breathing heavily.

"What do you mean? Doctor, did something happen during the surgery?" The doctor's lips trembled. Namjoon gulped, feeling impatient.

"Something happened. Something happened, right!? Tell me! Did something happen!!" Namjoon earned a few stares from others as he slightly raised his voice at the devastated
doctor.

"He didn't make it."

His body was stable for only the first five seconds of understanding the reason Seokjin had died, and once he knew, he stumbled back and sat on a chair, feeling half of his soul depart from his body, unable to accept that cruel reality.

~ "He didn't make it." ~

The words floated around Namjoon's head, becoming louder and more believable by the minute. He shook the thoughts out of his head, grabbing the doctor by his collar.

"Where is he, doctor! What's the number of his recovery room?! He's awake, now. Isn't he? A... All of this is just a SICK JOKE, isn't it?" Namjoon shouted, as a nurse removed him from the doctor.

"Sir! Calm down, please. I understand that this isn't easy to take in, but-"

"But it's... Not true." He covered his face, feeling tears stream down his cheeks. "It's NOT TRUE! Kim Seokjin is alive!" The man lost it, pushing through the doctor's to run inside of the room they had previously taken Seokjin into.

"Seokjin, I brought you into this emergency room, and dammit! I'm not leaving without you!
You're alive. You have to be..." Namjoon burst through the double doors of an operating room, alarming a nurse who was still inside of it, covering a person with a white sheet.

"I'm sorry, but you can't be in here- Sir! Wait, you can't do that..." As soon as the lady saw how Namjoon held onto the body, she stayed quiet and left the room.

She even blocked out the rest of the people who were after Namjoon for not following orders.

"Let's leave him. He needs some time alone..." She walked away with them, leaving Namjoon alone.

Namjoon felt chills run down his spine as he noticed the black heart monitor in front of him, the defibrillators beside him, and the amount of blood staining the sheets he had yet to uncover.

As he slowly guided his hands towards the white sheets, the man noticed a flap of skin hanging out of the person's head, dripping with blood.

His hands started shaking uncontrollably when he finally flung the light sheet off of the person, seeing that it in fact was, Seokjin.

Seokjin's eyes were taped shut with a clear tape, showing invisible tears brimming from the corners of them. He sobbed, ripping the tapes off of the man's pupils.

"It wasn't your fault, Seokjin. You didn't deserve this, Seokjin..." Namjoon's voice deepened with emotions. He hunched over his lover's lifeless body, crying on top of him.

The darkness of the operation room made him feel scared and alone. Everything was dark and cold. His body began shivering as he held onto Seokjin, caressing his face as his own tears dripped onto the lifeless man's face.